View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Ugh! Monday Dec. 3

Rate this Entry
Came down with a nasty stomach/GI virus in the middle of the night. Feel like complete crap and didn't even attempt to go to the pool today. I just hope I feel better by the end of the week. I won't do a travel meet when sick. Bad timing with this and my calf strain.

Today's the deadline for NE Champs and the swimmer count is at 460. My SCM times all withstood the SPMS meet. It's bizarre though. All results are listed except for the 200 free relay. http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=4157. Wanted to see how our relay team stacked up ...

Submit "Ugh!  Monday Dec. 3" to Digg Submit "Ugh!  Monday Dec. 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Ugh!  Monday Dec. 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ugh!  Monday Dec. 3" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Well that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks Kirk. I hope so too. I'm feeling somewhat snakebit on taper meets. AF at Greensboro, 4-5 day power outage before Auburn and now this. Just confirms my philosophy of resting for other meets.
    Recover as fast as you swim.
    Extra fluids, and try for some sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Recover as fast as you swim.
    Extra fluids, and try for some sleep.
    Will def try for some sleep. Worried I won't be able to through the nausea.
    Hope you feel better soon! SPMS is at the COLDEST venue ever and even the showers run out of hot water...very difficult to sprint fast...I skipped the meet all together. Go fast and have fun this weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noonswimmer
    Hope you feel better soon! SPMS is at the COLDEST venue ever and even the showers run out of hot water...very difficult to sprint fast...I skipped the meet all together. Go fast and have fun this weekend!
    I've heard of other swimmers skipping SPMS because of the cold. Sounds so unappealing! BU is a very warm venue. My only complaint is that the end lanes are not the best -- no super overflow gutters or lane lines against the walls.

I hope my body will cooperate and be better by Friday.