View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Dec 3, 2012

Rate this Entry
by , December 3rd, 2012 at 08:04 PM (431 Views)
I've not been posting too often in here - my job is really kicking my behind - keeping me at work late most nights until 7 - and since I get up at 5am to go swimming, that means I go home quite exhausted - been going in right after workout to catch up on my charting, and voila! I'm too tired to even care about my blog. Except that I do care, and I like keeping up with everyone. I almost sort of wonder if I've had a slight case of "chronic fatigue syndrome" lol! After all, I do harbor Epstein Barr in my system, so stands to reason, right? Ha ha - wish I could blame it on something like that, instead of old age!!

Workout this morning:
500 back/free
400/300/200/100 P
500 on locomotive
9 x 100 on 1:25 (Jenna picked the interval - coach gave us a choice of 1:20 or 1:30 & Sela is recovering from a nasty virus, so. . .)
100 easy
4 x 4cycle blast on :30
200 breast/free
3 x 200 w/fins working the walls
2 x 300 breast/free
Total: 4500

Trying to plan the future - I have no idea what meet I'm going to next. I have a choice of the Auburn meet at Valentines, or the one in Clearwater. Not sure if I'm going to the Atlanta meet in March or not, but will definitely be going to the St.Pete meet at the end of March. . . and that's as far as I get. Just thinking about meets.

Submit "Dec 3, 2012" to Digg Submit "Dec 3, 2012" to del.icio.us Submit "Dec 3, 2012" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dec 3, 2012" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good job with the opinion piece in Swimmer, Celeste. The practices would be one thing, but not sure i would want to get up on the4 blocks at a USAS meet. too old and slow. Get rest when you can. 4,500 = mucho yardage, no wonder you're tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Good job with the opinion piece in Swimmer, Celeste. The practices would be one thing, but not sure i would want to get up on the4 blocks at a USAS meet. too old and slow. Get rest when you can. 4,500 = mucho yardage, no wonder you're tired.
    Yes, good job. I agree with Bill - I wouldn't mind practicing with the kids but I'm not sure I've got the intestinal fortitude to race with them at my advanced age .
    I think swimming at USA Swimming meets is sort of fun. I've been swimming with the kids, so I figure I need to get up and race them once in a while, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I think swimming at USA Swimming meets is sort of fun. I've been swimming with the kids, so I figure I need to get up and race them once in a while, too!
    It is a lot of fun. I'll keep doing it as long as I can. There's a lot of kids that look up to me for what I'm able to do, and the parents like seeing me out there as well (none of them want to join me however)
    It shows a possible future for these kids one day as well, something they can do after schooling to keep it going.
    My main issue really is my body image. If I'm in an appropriately seeded heat, I'm good to go, but I compare my looks to the teenagers, alas, I always come up short!