View RSS Feed

After a long rest

After 1040 weeks out Week 9 back in the pool

Rate this Entry
After 20 years out i am finally feeling the water again. I started out at 6'5", 223lbs, 24.9 BMI and at the start of week 9 I am at 196lbs, 18.8 BMI.

I really enjoyed todays workout especially the main set.

Warm up

400 free
6x50 catchup drill

Main set
5x400 base pace(1:10) starting on 6mins descending 20 seconds per 400 with pull bouy and handle paddles. Held 1.07 pace the whole way.

2nd Main set
3x200 kick with flippers on 2.45
10x50 free on 35
8x50 free best stroke on 1 min easy

200 warm down

Total: 4400 yds

Lat's and chest hurt pretty bad at the end of practice and I must admit it feels great to hurt in the pool again!!!!

Submit "After 1040 weeks out Week 9 back in the pool" to Digg Submit "After 1040 weeks out Week 9 back in the pool" to del.icio.us Submit "After 1040 weeks out Week 9 back in the pool" to StumbleUpon Submit "After 1040 weeks out Week 9 back in the pool" to Google

Tags: workouts
Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

back to the pool and thanks for sharing your story in the blogs. Enjoy the water!
    Welcome back! That's impressive weight loss in that short an amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Welcome back! That's impressive weight loss in that short an amount of time.
    Thanks so much. I believe the loss is largely due to having fun again in the pool and wanting to work out again. Now the hard part starts;keeping it off. I am hoping to do a few meets and go to 5 mornings and a couple nights each week in Jan so fingers crossed I will continue the progress.
    So far, you have made an outstanding start. Keep at it! I like the workout. At 18.8 BMI and 6'5", your body profile in the water is really long and thin. Just curious as to are you doing any dryland work to supplement your swimming.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    So far, you have made an outstanding start. Keep at it! I like the workout. At 18.8 BMI and 6'5", your body profile in the water is really long and thin. Just curious as to are you doing any dryland work to supplement your swimming.
    My plan is 3 phase; phase 1 is to get back to half way decent shape by Christamas and getting to my target 190lbs weight, primarily doing 3-4 mornings a week. Phase 2 is to go to 5 mornings, 2 weight sessions and 3 evenings, building my yardage until the end of March, with a couple meets. I am going to do the Jesse Coon meet in Bryan Texas in Jan, and the DAM meet in Dallas in Feb/March. Phase3 will be a training camp in March and then an April taper culminating with Nationals. I am not setting any time goals but ope to be competitive in the middle distance free events.

After college I never thought I would want to compete again, let alone spend the hours of practice required to compete. So far I am really enjoying masters. I am training with a terrific group, great coach and fantastic facilities.

Thanks for all the great comments.