View RSS Feed

Chicken's Nuggets

At the SERCus

Rate this Entry
I realised a couple of months ago that I'd have the New Year's holiday to myself, so I posted a request on Marathonswimmers.org, asking what was going on at that time, swim-wise.

My intrepid swimmer friend, Suzie Dods, replied, suggesting I do the SERC New Year Alcatraz swim.

I will confess that I lost the entire blog I wrote before this so I don't know what order these photos are in.. I will say though that my qualifying swim, done on December 8th, was a cleansing experience. Two weeks of miserable sickness were coughed up and washed away and I was able to feel alive for the first time in a couple of months.

I love swimming in salt water, I love the Pacific and I'd love to live over there. First though, someone needs to die and leave me a lot of money...

I'll be back for New Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the meantime, please enjoy one of my favourite Marx Bros scenes )))

"and on a clear day, you can see Alcatraz,
you can learn a lot from Lydia!!!"

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80-_roT07Po"]Marx Brothers - At the Circus - Lydia the Tattooed Lady - YouTube[/nomedia]

Submit "At the SERCus" to Digg Submit "At the SERCus" to del.icio.us Submit "At the SERCus" to StumbleUpon Submit "At the SERCus" to Google

Updated December 18th, 2012 at 09:13 PM by Chicken of the Sea

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think your autocorrect spell-checker accidentally screwed up the word Atlantic, readjusting the letters to spell Pacific.

Could you correct the mistaken "correction"? We cannot, simply cannot, have you moving to that part of the country, where bull sharks from Australia can find you and imperil our national treasure.

If you must be eaten, I say be eaten by the familiar denizens of the Atlantic: crabs, sea lice, and the very occasional off-course great white shark.
    But the Atlantic is always murky! I like the lobsta rolls over there though.....
    Moving plans are on hold after some fantasy real-estate shopping....if both kids decide to go to the local community college, I may one day be able to afford a used mobile home at the bottom end of a landslide.
    Enjoy the swim. I would like to get out west one of these days for that as well.
    That's almost more fun than I can imagine. (Note: New Englanders are not big on "fun," though "imagining" is well within their intellectual heritage, especially imagining other ppl doing things.)
    Maybe a rental?
    Have a wonderful time!