View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Better, Thursday, Dec. 6

Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY/Solo:

1200 with a few bursts and up tempo 25s

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I feel better today. Still a bit queasy but able to eat at least. Have had a weird headache most of the day and a bit of a sore throat. I hope that's not some new thing. Poor Fort Son started getting sick in the middle of the night last night and Lil Fort seems under the weather.

Psych sheets for BU are up:
https://docs.google.com/a/regionalym...T2c/edit?pli=1

There are a lot of VERY fast ladies in the 50-54 age group at this meet, somewhat unusual: Andrea Block, KPN, Kim Crouch, Carolyn Voorhees, etc.

Here's the timeline:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-m1...ZHM/edit?pli=1

My events are at:

100 IM, 10:45 am
50 free, 12:02
100 fly, 2:30

100 free (prolly a 50 split depending on how Sat goes), 11:45
50 back, 12:52
50 breast, 2:02
200 free (maybe 100 split), 3:05

50 free had been my focus event for the meet. I don't think I'll want to do an AFAP 100 free that close to my 50 back on Sunday anyway. I might want a redo from Sat. given that the 100 IM is first and will take the edge off my 50 free without more rest. On the whole, given this week, however, I'm not going to worry about my times overly much. I'm glad I at least have times in 5 SCM events and a very fast time in my baby the 50 back.

Submit "Better, Thursday, Dec. 6" to Digg Submit "Better, Thursday, Dec. 6" to del.icio.us Submit "Better, Thursday, Dec. 6" to StumbleUpon Submit "Better, Thursday, Dec. 6" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Looks like a fun meet with lots of competition. Makes me want to be there of course! Good luck.
    I'm happy to be done by 2:30 on Saturday
    Sunday's my long day

See you this weekend.
    Glad you are feeling better - go get'em. Interesting event lineup especially that 2fr at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Interesting event lineup especially that 2fr at the end.
    Ha! I'm trying to swim mostly events that I haven't swum yet in SCM. I will definitely not be swimming 200 free! We'll see if I really want a time in the 100 at the end of a two day meet ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    I'm happy to be done by 2:30 on Saturday
    Sunday's my long day

See you this weekend.
    Are you up for dinner on Sat night? We usually go to the Mexican place cross the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Looks like a fun meet with lots of competition. Makes me want to be there of course! Good luck.
    You might get bored with the rest!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You might get bored with the rest!
    Yeah right! I get tired too. I'd love to do the competition there, but the cross country flight is the only downside for me. I could do SPMA as well, but...well, same reason actually. It's an expensive time of year.
    Looks like an awesome meet. I hope your ailment recovery continues and you have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Are you up for dinner on Sat night? We usually go to the Mexican place cross the street.
    85% in. Depends if my aunt makes it over to the meet; I'll let you know.

Can I get a chalupa at this restaurant?
    Updated December 7th, 2012 at 08:01 AM by rxleakem
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Yeah right! I get tired too. I'd love to do the competition there, but the cross country flight is the only downside for me. I could do SPMA as well, but...well, same reason actually. It's an expensive time of year.
    Yeah, cross country flights are expensive and time consuming. That's partly why I don't fly to the west coast for meets.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Looks like an awesome meet. I hope your ailment recovery continues and you have fun.
    Thx Patrick! I hope your shoulder recovery continues apace. And it's great that you have new clients to distract you.
    Good luck! One of these years, I'm going to have to do this one. Hope you swim fast and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs
    Good luck! One of these years, I'm going to have to do this one. Hope you swim fast and have fun.
    Thanks John! You definitely should! Love this meet.