16 x 50 smooth @ 1:00
4 x each stroke, drilled fly
50 EZ
6 x 100 @ 1:45
3 x 100 free/100 back kick/100 back
50 EZ

Total: 2750

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shoulders were a bit sore from the meet, but they feel better this am.

I've met my sprinter 325 mile GTD goal for the year. I think it's useless for me to keep track of yardage. I haven't decided whether to bag GTD next year or use it to track race pace yardage.

I'm heading to the doc's office today for my first PRP appt for my right elbow. It definitely is not getting any better on its own, even with the nitro patches. I'm hopeful it will help. The surgeon I consulted previously said it zapped the pain/helped heal his own avulsion tear.

Still smiling about NE Champs! I think this will be my next meet: https://www.clubassistant.com/club/m...1029&smid=4336

Submit "Recovery, Monday, Dec. 10" to Digg Submit "Recovery, Monday, Dec. 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Recovery, Monday, Dec. 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Recovery, Monday, Dec. 10" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Fort, will you be in Pitt for any swimming over Xmas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Fort, will you be in Pitt for any swimming over Xmas?
    Yes, some time between Xmas and new year. Not sure exactly when. Need to check on house renovations. How was the move? Enjoying all your new space?
    Belated Congrats Fort!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yes, some time between Xmas and new year. Not sure exactly when. Need to check on house renovations. How was the move? Enjoying all your new space?
    Great. I'm sure I'll hear from Jim but let me know. Pitt will likely have some later morning practices that week b/c of vacation schedules so maybe you can swing by there?

New house takes some getting used to but it's a big improvement. Worth the pain. Don't envy your renovations though. At least you're not living through them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Great. I'm sure I'll hear from Jim but let me know. Pitt will likely have some later morning practices that week b/c of vacation schedules so maybe you can swing by there?

New house takes some getting used to but it's a big improvement. Worth the pain. Don't envy your renovations though. At least you're not living through them.
    I'd like to try Pitt. I'll view it as fin + aerobic work for me. Your workouts there are not exactly HIT!

My Vienna house is somewhat comparable to your former Sewickley house according to Jim (except we have the guest cottage). Believe me, with 3 kids, you will wonder how you ever lived with less space after awhile.

House warming party coming soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Belated Congrats Fort!
    Thanks Q! I was stoked.

I do SDK past mid-pool in backstroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I do SDK past mid-pool in backstroke.
    I wondered if that was going to be misunderstood

From a dead stop mid pool kick to the wall
    vs.
    From a dead stop mid pool swim freestyle to the wall.

That is a better representation of what I was trying to tell Mark with my "even Fort ..." comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I wondered if that was going to be misunderstood

From a dead stop mid pool kick to the wall
    vs.
    From a dead stop mid pool swim freestyle to the wall.

That is a better representation of what I was trying to tell Mark with my "even Fort ..." comment.
    Maybe I'll time it! (Or have Speedo time it.) You're likely right from a dead stop mid pool. But I do drag race shooters from time to time. The only problem in timing it is that, with shooters, I have to slow down a tad before the wall to avoid a crash at full speed.
    Mark and Leslie, the Bairyl Family Y is supposedly having 100 x 100 yards on 100 seconds sometime between Christmas and New Years. I will pencil you both in! Mark, I will be eager to see how many you hold under 1:05. I plan to swim them all at around a 1:35, grab my 5 seconds of rest, and plod on!

As far as your respective new mansions go, I am planning a bit of a "stunt" of sorts that I think can help answer a lot of questions. I will come for a visit sometime, and when the time comes to leave, I shall! But then, when you're not watching, I shall sneak back in and see how many days, weeks, months, and perhaps years I can remain in your respective homes without being detected.

Oh, you might sense some food missing from the pantry on occasion, pilferage easily enough written off on the servants. Or some PPV movies you don't remember renting, like, says, Orifice Party.

But you will shrug it off.

Sometime circa 2023, I will announce which home is bigger and which is better, from the perspective of a living ghost.
    100 x 100. How very appealing ... I could Fo 25s or 5s, I guess.

Marks house is vastly vastly bigger!