View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

Bummer from the summer!

Rate this Entry
by , December 11th, 2012 at 07:19 PM (256 Views)
Well I've been absent from the blogs since October. If you haven't heard, I managed to tear my meniscus somehow or at least the tear became a problem in the late summer. Backing off, and resting/icing didn't work as I kept getting pain and I had a trim on Nov 15.

It all went well and I went to BU to swim in NEM SCM Champs this past weekend. I was not at my best times but considering last years time I don't look too far off YOY. Last year I felt I didn't want to race, this year I did, but a bit of a layoff and rest up over thanksgiving left me with a rather tight-fitting suit jacket and some apprehension about entering the meet.
However, by Dec1 I feltI'd had a very rapid recovery to about 85-90% and entered. To save my psyche I ditched all BR events so as not to have a bad time hanging over me for a year or more importantly to rush the recovery. I want to swim fast Breaststroke again...so I am prepared to be patient in my rehab and strengthening.
All things considered; the knee, lack of fitness, lack of race practice and an abundance of body hair...I felt I did OK. I didn't hurt myself and I had a great time. My times were what they were. I even debuted with a competitive 100 Backstroke and did my first SCM 50 to give me events to swim.

When I got home I looked up last year's times and I think I did pretty well by comparison.
50 FR 31.58
100 FR 1:11.1
50 FL 36.04
50 FR 32.18
100 FR 1:11.22
50 FL 35.21

Not bad at all...especially since I didn't have a valid excuse last year, and then had a great SCY season.

Submit "Bummer from the summer!" to Digg Submit "Bummer from the summer!" to del.icio.us Submit "Bummer from the summer!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bummer from the summer!" to Google

Updated December 11th, 2012 at 09:52 PM by SwimStud

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments