View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Back into the "routine"!

Rate this Entry
by , December 11th, 2012 at 11:36 PM (603 Views)
Well, I am happy to report I am on target to average 2 workouts a week. Strategically, I try to go on Tues/Thurs which are IM/stroke day.

My freestyle is feeling pretty good. I have slight twinges on the turns, but no sharp stabbing pains. Back and breast feel pretty good as well. It's a bit of a surprise, but fly is where I feel my wounds the most. Partly from the continuous motion, my guts aren't sure which incision to spill out of - bellybutton is the frontrunner but the upper middle chest one is a contender as well. Guess I better just swim faster and get to the wall sooner!

I had some really good times the first 2 days back - maybe because I was actually rested, if not in fine-tuned shape! I did a broken 50 to a set of 125's (about 4 min interal or so). 25 5 sec 25 and descended 33 to 30 flat, so I would say my theoretical speed is intact. I think i'll add that to my standard vocabulary - theoretical speed. Not to be confused with one-step-away from speed. I give myself one year grace period to cite the gallbladder episode.

And now, onto other interesting updates!

1. Claire took it upon herself to get her grade changed!!!! She was completely miffed when her 2nd report card did not show the grade change. So before the end of the day, she went to the principal and vice-principal all by herself and asked them to change it. They said they would and to check back with them. I was quite amazed but really glad she didn't need help from me. Her teacher has been out sick for the last 8 weeks! I guess changing a kid's grade from an 88 to a 93 is pretty low on the totem pole if you are that sick! It is indeed changed in the official records. Hooray for Claire!

2. Almost done xmas shopping! Thank god for amazon, zappos, and frontier airline gift certificates. What else to get the man of the house!!

3. Check out these cool swimming t-shirts! I got one for my kids' swim coach.

[ame]http://www.cafepress.com/simiansoul/7953390[/ame]

Submit "Back into the "routine"!" to Digg Submit "Back into the "routine"!" to del.icio.us Submit "Back into the "routine"!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back into the "routine"!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad you are back in the water! I don't think the break will have any ill effects whatsoever. You're probably already at one step away speed.