View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 12/12/12:

Rate this Entry
Back to the pool after the meet this weekend - a nice recovery spin in the water.

12 x 100 with snorkel
- 2 FR, 2 IM drill, 2 free w/u
- 2 pull w/ buoy, 2 agility paddle, 2 Dolphin Dives in the Shallows

12 x 50 on 1:00 with agility paddles
- 2 each IMO
- 2 free
- 2 back

12 x 50, done as three sets of:
- 2 x 50 kick on 1:00
- 2 x 50 swim (no stop) on 1:30
-- Did Fr/BK/IM by round (100 IM = 1:09 low)

(Solo/Rec/2400 yds/40 min)
--------------------------

Work has been a zoo the past two days with little help, and me working regular twelve hour shifts, but no lunch break and an extra hour each night to try to clean up. We should get back to full staff by next week, but I am pooped (especially coming off a weekend of racing).

Felt good to get into the water. Notice that I added some new toys to my swim bag. My buddy John from Maine sent me a pair as an early - thanks so much, John I was nervous about using them at first, being strapless and all, but I have been really working the EVF over the past year and the paddles stayed on even with stroke work. I notice some issues with the end of the pull in my stroke, so they will be beneficial in fixing these.

Other random things:

- Finalizing a duel meet with the local USAS team in a couple of weeks. Lots of swimmers on our masters team have never competed, and since our practice times are back to back on Saturdays we are going to take on the little ones. Should be a fun way to "experience" a meet for some of the newer adult swimmers.

- BU news: I was able to tie for 8th place in the men's high-point standings with Son from Maine (if James hadn't of convinced me to skip the 2fly, I could have potentially moved up to 5th ). I also passed the 250 mile mark/goal for the GTD
Congratulations! You have achieved your goal for Go The Distance 2012
My goal pace: 237.67 miles required as of today to reach my goal by the end of the event
My actual current pace: 252.64 miles as of today
- My eye sockets hurt from the "racing" optical goggles I wore over the weekend - my usual training pair provides much wider coverage and less pressure. Happy to change back to them, and might ditch the racers.

- Here is another picture from BU: my ginormous son Preston (aka: I'm never going to cut my bangs again), wife Lena, funny looking RX, and aunt Pat on the end:

Submit "Workout 12/12/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 12/12/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 12/12/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 12/12/12:" to Google

Updated December 12th, 2012 at 11:14 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

My eye sockets hurt from the "racing" optical goggles I wore over the weekend - my usual training pair provides much wider coverage and less pressure. Happy to change back to them, and might ditch the racers
    I use the same goggles for practice and racing, that way I know what I'm getting into when the gun goes off. I do use a bungie strap with a "quick adjustment" thing on the strap, so I just tighten it up a bit on race day, then drop it back again for practices.
    It's hard to believe you can have a son that big/old. Beautiful family! And I too look forward to the day when the bangs combed on the forehead look goes away. It is still very popular among a certain subset of the college male population here.

I'm hoping Santa brings me agility paddles.
    Awesome pics! What is it about teenage boys and not wanting to cut their hair? Now my youngest is in that category too!

Wish I had thought of a good 12/12/12 workout... didn't realize it until after I got out of the pool (right around 12:12P). Guess I'll hold out for the Mayan Apocalypse.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I use the same goggles for practice and racing, that way I know what I'm getting into when the gun goes off. I do use a bungie strap with a "quick adjustment" thing on the strap, so I just tighten it up a bit on race day, then drop it back again for practices.
    I noticed your bungie straps, may be trying them as well. For whatever small time drop the racing goggles allow, I'm likely going to just use the ones that feel better.
    I think we can blame Justin Bieber for the increase in that style of hair. I just take lots of pictures so I can show them off in later years
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    I think we can blame Justin Bieber for the increase in that style of hair. I just take lots of pictures so I can show them off in later years
    Don't they realize how ridiculous they look?!? We certainly never looked that silly.
    Very true. I tried to convince him to learn from my 'mistakes,' but he wants to go through it himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Very true. I tried to convince him to learn from my 'mistakes,' but he wants to go through it himself.
    A friend of mine recently sent me a picture of myself circa 1987... mullet! What was I thinking?!