by, December 12th, 2012 at 09:24 PM (231 Views)
Back to the pool after the meet this weekend - a nice recovery spin in the water.
12 x 100 with snorkel
- 2 FR, 2 IM drill, 2 free w/u
- 2 pull w/ buoy, 2 agility paddle, 2 Dolphin Dives in the Shallows
12 x 50 on 1:00 with agility paddles
- 2 each IMO
- 2 free
- 2 back
12 x 50, done as three sets of:
- 2 x 50 kick on 1:00
- 2 x 50 swim (no stop) on 1:30
-- Did Fr/BK/IM by round (100 IM = 1:09 low)
(Solo/Rec/2400 yds/40 min)
Work has been a zoo the past two days with little help, and me working regular twelve hour shifts, but no lunch break and an extra hour each night to try to clean up. We should get back to full staff by next week, but I am pooped (especially coming off a weekend of racing).
Felt good to get into the water. Notice that I added some new toys to my swim bag. My buddy John from Maine sent me a pair as an early - thanks so much, John I was nervous about using them at first, being strapless and all, but I have been really working the EVF over the past year and the paddles stayed on even with stroke work. I notice some issues with the end of the pull in my stroke, so they will be beneficial in fixing these.
Other random things:
- Finalizing a duel meet with the local USAS team in a couple of weeks. Lots of swimmers on our masters team have never competed, and since our practice times are back to back on Saturdays we are going to take on the little ones. Should be a fun way to "experience" a meet for some of the newer adult swimmers.
- BU news: I was able to tie for 8th place in the men's high-point standings with Son from Maine (if James hadn't of convinced me to skip the 2fly, I could have potentially moved up to 5th ). I also passed the 250 mile mark/goal for the GTD- My eye sockets hurt from the "racing" optical goggles I wore over the weekend - my usual training pair provides much wider coverage and less pressure. Happy to change back to them, and might ditch the racers.Congratulations! You have achieved your goal for Go The Distance 2012
My goal pace: 237.67 miles required as of today to reach my goal by the end of the event
My actual current pace: 252.64 miles as of today
- Here is another picture from BU: my ginormous son Preston (aka: I'm never going to cut my bangs again), wife Lena, funny looking RX, and aunt Pat on the end: