Fri, Dec. 14, 2012 5:00-6:20pm at the Y
by, December 14th, 2012 at 10:29 PM (228 Views)
For my swimming tonight it was either the YMCA lap swims, or nothing at all. So I put in the $6.00 and tried to make the most of it. I just don't really like swimming by myself now after being with the team setting for so long.
(200 Free, 100 Kick w/ board, 200 Free Pull) x2
10 x 50 Flutter Kick w/ board @ 1:00
10 x 50 Free (2 @ :55, 2 @ :50, 2 @ :45, 2 @ :40, 2 @ :35)
6(of 30) x 100 Free
- 1 @ 1:20, 1 @ 1:15, 1 @ 1:10, then repeat
- I was originally going to do this rotation for 30 x 100s, but that ended quickly. I just wasn't able to get any true speed going, and it was going downhill quick, so I ended it.
200 Free Pull (while waiting for the minute hand to get close to a good starting position on the pace clock, better than just sitting for 3-4 minutes)
That Guy's Davis Mile Butterfly inspired me to do this for my main set:
Davis Mile Free Pull (the only similarity is the Davis Mile part)
350 EZ Free
- 11 lengths, 10 lengths, 9... ..., down to 1 length.
- Take :10 rest after each segment
- Total time minus 1:40 for in-practice mile time
- was 20:55 (19:15 after deductions) for my mile time. My best meet performance from 2 years ago was 18:07. I glanced at the clock a few times in the swim, and was basically holding around 1:10s/100, maybe a hair slower. The lengths 5,4,3,2,& 1 were basically an all out "pull sprint", can't really put the legs into it, but I was moving fast I think.
4800 Yards and done
I got this done in 1 hour 20 minutes, which isn't half bad. I know KNelson's team probably covers at least 10,000 yards in the same time frame, but I was on my own tonight, so it doesn't quite compare.
Really really wanting to swim in the Sr. State meet tomorrow (USAS) with the rest of my team, but I elected to do the work Christmas dinner party instead and stay married.