View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat & Sun, Dec. 15-16

Rate this Entry
by , December 16th, 2012 at 11:48 AM (617 Views)
Sat Drylands:

RC exercises, 15 min
leg abductors, 100 x 1 x 8, 110 x 2 x 8
good mornings, 65 x 3 x 8
explosive leg press, 190 x 3 x 12
super pullover, 70 x 3 x 20
captains chair leg raises, 3 x 20
cable twist w/yoga ball, 40 x 1 x 15 each side
altitude drops, 10
long arm crunches, 2 x 50
flutter kicks on bosu, 2 x 100

Sun Swim/SCY @ Mason:

Warm up:

1500 of various swim/kick/drill/pull
I did 1300 since I'm a pokey warm upper

Main Sets:

3 x 150 moderate kick @ 3:00
2 x 25 AFAP kick @ :45
-- I did the first 150 moderate and cruised the other two.
-- went 14s on the six 25 backstroke kicks from a push
100 EZ

9 x 150 @ 2:40
2 IM (drop a stroke) + one choice
-- tried to swim smooth on the IMs, just cruised the choice by doing flutter kick w/board & fins
50 EZ

3 x 75 @ 2:00
25 drill
25 AFAP, rest :5
25 scull
-- got calf cramps on the 25s; knew I would after the aerobic set
175 EZ

Total: 3800

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Got up and went to the Mason practice with Teen Fort this am. 9 x 150? Ouch. My body is not remotely accustomed to that. Jeff Roddin is insane if he thinks I'll ever do 200 IM! Never! I only made it through the set by completely cruising every third one. Now I'm ready for a nap. But, no, I must write my HIT workouts and attend to holiday matters.

Submit "Sat & Sun, Dec. 15-16" to Digg Submit "Sat & Sun, Dec. 15-16" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat & Sun, Dec. 15-16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat & Sun, Dec. 15-16" to Google

Updated December 16th, 2012 at 08:37 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Proud of u fort!
    You should listen to Jeff. I bet you could throw down a good 200 IM! Not saying you'd enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Proud of u fort!
    More tired from that than a good old HIT workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    You should listen to Jeff. I bet you could throw down a good 200 IM! Not saying you'd enjoy it
    No! I swam that event almost every meet of my life as an age grouper. I tried it once in the floaty suits and it was awful. Don't wanna! :-)
    Jeff Roddin is insane if he thinks I'll ever do 200 IM! Never! I only made it through the set by completely cruising every third one.
    As Clay always tells me, they never give out medals in practice. In other words, don't forget you only have to do one of them in a meet and not a whole set
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    As Clay always tells me, they never give out medals in practice. In other words, don't forget you only have to do one of them in a meet and not a whole set
    That is a good saying.

Even one seems unappealing though. And I have work to do in the 100 IM. First up, I need to learn your back to breast turn!