View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 11 - Distance

Rate this Entry
I was sore at the beginning of the workout and even more sore at the end.

Warm up
400 Free
6x50 Drill
4x100 kick on 1.50

Main set
4x(200,150,100,50) free pull with paddles, 200 on 2.45, 150 on 1.45, 100 on 1.15, 50 on 35

100 easy

Main Set 2
5x100, 50 drill 50 free on 1.40
12x50(3 on 35, 2 on 45, 3 on 35, 2 on 40, 2 on 30). Hurt bad on the 2 on 30. I did 30,30

Warm Down
200 easy

Total 4500

Later today I am heading to Austin for work and have arranged to train with UT masters tomorrow and wednesday. I am really looking forward to a tuesday workout. I just hope my chest muscles stop hurting. I dont feel like my shoulders injured but the tris and pecks are really sore from a lot of hand paddle work.

Submit "Week 11 - Distance" to Digg Submit "Week 11 - Distance" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 11 - Distance" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 11 - Distance" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

When I get sore like that from pullling with paddles, I drop the paddles and pulling to alternate days or more as needed, and then bring it back when 85-90% recovered. Rest/recovery is even more important to the adult swimmers, in terms of consistency and health benefits of swimming.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    When I get sore like that from pullling with paddles, I drop the paddles and pulling to alternate days or more as needed, and then bring it back when 85-90% recovered. Rest/recovery is even more important to the adult swimmers, in terms of consistency and health benefits of swimming.
    Great advice. I think I am living in the past in terms of what I am expecting to do and how my body reacts. I am trying to listen to my body but it's hard.

When looking at other peoples blogs it looks like a lot of people are swimming most days. I don't know if these people are in my age group(40-44) or not. I am itching to increase the number and length of my workouts but thus far have resisted the temptation. I am currently doing 3 masters workouts and one public swim. My intent with the Saturday swim was to get in a do an easy 2500 workout.

My coach is going to open up our pool to masters swimmers going to nationals to 5 mornings and two evenings in the new year. I am starting doing dry land next week and I am hoping to build my total yardage until march and then do some quality work and a taper for nationals. I would like to do 5 events at nationals plus relays. I have a long way to go and want to build the yardage rather than jump in and injure myself.