View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Mon & Tues, Dec. 17-18

Rate this Entry
Monday:

EZ 1600 recovery, basically an off day.


Tuesday:

Swim @ Oar Marr
:

Met up with Speedo, who is becoming entranced with running. I recognize the signs having experienced them myself!

Warm up:

800 various
6 x 50 caterpillar fly drills
12 x 25 shooters @ :40
100 scull
300 social kick w/Speedo who was having calf issue (damn that running! hee hee)

Main sets:

Speedo opted for 200 IMs. Really? That was highly unappealing. I didn't feel like doing anything too hard, so focused on raw speed.

10 x 25 burst kick + cruise @ 1:00
50 EZ

10 x 25 burst fast hands drill + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

10 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) w/fins @ 3:00
-- 5 free (10 highs), 5 breast (13 lows)
50 EZ

8 x 50 w/small paddles @ 1:15
odds = torque drill
evens = breast dolphin

150 EZ

Total: 4050


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hadn't seen Speedo in a couple weeks, so it was good to meet up. I'm feeling somewhat unmotivated, which is fairly typical for me in the period between NE Champs and Xmas. Still, I felt like I got in a solid speed workout. Wanted to use my parachute, but Teen Fort has made off with it. I'm getting her her own for xmas!

Submit "Mon & Tues, Dec. 17-18" to Digg Submit "Mon & Tues, Dec. 17-18" to del.icio.us Submit "Mon & Tues, Dec. 17-18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mon & Tues, Dec. 17-18" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. qbrain's Avatar
    What you did (running) is not the same thing Speedo is entranced with (chasing girls) but I hear they both get the heart rate up.
  2. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    What you did (running) is not the same thing Speedo is entranced with (chasing girls) but I hear they both get the heart rate up.
    Prolly not. Though I don't think his runs on the treadmill are in the nature of chasing girls ... Now the 5Ks he's been doing on the weekends may fit the bill!
  3. ekw's Avatar
    I hate running.

    I'm thinking about getting a set of fins, specifically to start working on my SDKs (particularly backstroke). Do you have a recommendation? I was looking at the Tyr CrossBlades.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I hate running.

    I'm thinking about getting a set of fins, specifically to start working on my SDKs (particularly backstroke). Do you have a recommendation? I was looking at the Tyr CrossBlades.
    Many swimmers do hate running and it's no good for swimming anyway!

    I like long blade fins best for dolphin kicking. My currently favored brand are the Water Gear fins. And they're fairly cheap too. http://www.watergear.com/categories/swim-fins/. Not enamored with the Speedo floating fins or other flexy fins for SDK.
  5. Speedo's Avatar
    Running is good for the libido. Just trying to stay healthy.
  6. pwb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Running is good for the libido. Just trying to stay healthy.
    I completely dislike running in nature or running without the support of motivational music (Ramones work well), but, as I've been doing some limited work on a treadmill recently, I am starting to enjoy that kind of running. I doubt I'll ever run in a road race, but I kind of, sort of, if I squint really hard, can see the attraction of running.
  7. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I completely dislike running in nature
    What?! That's one of the best parts of running!
  8. ekw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I completely dislike running in nature or running without the support of motivational music (Ramones work well), but, as I've been doing some limited work on a treadmill recently, I am starting to enjoy that kind of running. I doubt I'll ever run in a road race, but I kind of, sort of, if I squint really hard, can see the attraction of running.
    I'm pretty much the opposite. I hate running on my own but find road races fun.

    When I lived in Alaska I did some trail running with my friend and her dogs and that was kind of fun, except for the time we got terribly lost and almost died of hypothermia. Oh, and the time we got chased by a moose.
  9. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I'm pretty much the opposite. I hate running on my own but find road races fun.

    When I lived in Alaska I did some trail running with my friend and her dogs and that was kind of fun, except for the time we got terribly lost and almost died of hypothermia. Oh, and the time we got chased by a moose.
    Moral of the story: only swimming is safe in Alaska.
  10. ekw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Moral of the story: only swimming is safe in Alaska.
    I have a t-shirt I got for swimming in the Bering Sea!
  11. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I have a t-shirt I got for swimming in the Bering Sea!
    I define swimming as pool swimming! OW is some other sport. :-)
  12. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I define swimming as pool swimming! OW is some other sport. :-)
    What!?! That is one of the best parts of swimming!
  13. pwb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I define swimming as pool swimming! OW is some other sport. :-)
    Just as I define running as treadmill running. Outdoor running is some other sport
  14. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    What!?! That is one of the best parts of swimming!
    Lol!
  15. ekw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Just as I define running as treadmill running. Outdoor running is some other sport
    In the spirit of infinite recursion...
    What?! That's one of the best parts of running!
  16. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    In the spirit of infinite recursion...
    What?! That's one of the best parts of running!
    Everyone should be chased by a moose at least once in their life.

    Got that out of the way in high school
  17. ekw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Everyone should be chased by a moose at least once in their life.

    Got that out of the way in high school
    Those suckers are surprisingly fast. But it is a good form of motivation for running...
  18. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I define swimming as pool swimming! OW is some other sport. :-)
    I agree with your thinking this time.
  19. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Everyone should be chased by a moose at least once in their life.

    Got that out of the way in high school
    Shouldn't talk about her in that way!
  20. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Everyone should be chased by a moose at least once in their life.

    Got that out of the way in high school
    Is chased by a moose good cross training for swimming?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast