View RSS Feed

Pete's swim blog

12.21.12 - Last workout... ever

Rate this Entry
by , December 21st, 2012 at 10:09 AM (240 Views)
Supposedly, the world will end today sometime. At least according to the nuts they trot out on the History and Discovery channels. I like these channels... especially programs like MythBusters and Top Gear. But I kind of wonder if they hurt their credibility when they run alien conspiracy and doomsday scenario programs. So, today a cycle ends on the Mayan calendar. From what I can tell, it might end today or in the next few days depending upon how well historians have been able to align our calendar with what the Mayans did. Their calendar is pretty neat but it didn't predict impending doom. Still, I swam it hard since it was at least likely it would be my last workout on the old Mayan cycle. Swam w/ Dave, Dave, Dave, Keith, Roger and Danny. Sam and Kent are home from college and joined us as well.

600 Warm up

6:00 - alternate 50 easy fly w/ 50 easy br. On the br, 2 pullouts and make it halfway across the pool before surfacing. This taught me to enjoy... no... savor 50 easy fly. Made 400 yds.

10 x 100 - 1:30
* odds free (held 1:10)
* evens IM (held 1:20-1:22)
50 Easy
I'd almost forgotten how nice Kent's draft is. Been a while since I was able to do an effortless 1:10.

1000 - 1:15 pace. Did a pace line w/ Roger and I trading off the lead every 200 yds. Kent followed us swimming fly.

4 x 100 - 1:20 convert free -> IM

800 - pace line relay. 2 teams set up slowest swimmer to fastest swimmer. Slowest swimmer took the first 200 and everyone drafted him. Then, he falls to the back and the second fastest takes the lead. Repeat until fastest swimmer sprints 200 yards to the finish. I went third and did a battle of wills against Roger. Neither of us were willing to let the other one get a head start for their sprinter. In the end, Kent stayed on my feet a little better than Sam did w/ Roger and that turned out to be the difference. I ended up doing 700 yds so I could watch the finish.
75 easy

1000 IM Relay from blocks. Everyone did 5 x 50 of their event. I got breaststroke. I was occasionally getting on the downhill side of my wake on the first 25. Couldn't hold that on the second 25. Things suddenly felt very fast and I was riding a lot higher in the water than I normally do. It would be great if I could hold this longer.
25 Easy

10 x 50 Kick w/ fins - 1:00 (Underwater SDK down, easy back)
5 x 100 Pull - 1:30 (Odds backstroke, evens free)

200 Cool down

(5700 Total)

Submit "12.21.12 - Last workout... ever" to Digg Submit "12.21.12 - Last workout... ever" to del.icio.us Submit "12.21.12 - Last workout... ever" to StumbleUpon Submit "12.21.12 - Last workout... ever" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments