View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Dec. 24

Rate this Entry
by , December 24th, 2012 at 02:50 PM (721 Views)
Swim/SCM w/Teen Fort:

Warm up:

600 various
8 x 25 scull various @ :15 RI
150 torque drill w/paddles

Main sets:

10 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
-- 5 fast hands breast, 5 dolphin on belly
50 EZ

4 x 50 w/parachute @ 1:45
50 EZ

4 x 100 DPS free w/paddles @ 2:00
50 EZ

4 x 25 kick w/board & parachute @ 1:00
100 EZ

Total: 2150

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hadn't really intended on swimming today, but Teen Fort wanted company at the gym pool. So I got in this mini speed/power workout while trying to preach the virtues of dolphin kicking with fins to Teen Fort. She doesn't seem to believe me! haha

Merry Christmas everyone!

Submit "Monday, Dec. 24" to Digg Submit "Monday, Dec. 24" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Dec. 24" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Dec. 24" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Merry Christmas Leslie. At Christmas, the proof is in the "figgy pudding" - ask Teen Fort if she can out swim a dolphin?
    Merry Christmas! If Teen Fort is anything like me, the idea that listening to her mother is occasionally a good idea will have its onset some time around the time she gets her first apartment.

I remember the exact moment - the pilot light on the stove went out and both my roommate and I had grown up with electric appliances. What to do? Call Mom for instructions, of course. Onset may be delayed by commonness of high speed internet, however. This was pre-Google.
    No swimming for me for few days...nobody seems to care that I have to work every holiday and all my pools close early...Have a great Christmas and new year.xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Merry Christmas! If Teen Fort is anything like me, the idea that listening to her mother is occasionally a good idea will have its onset some time around the time she gets her first apartment.

I remember the exact moment - the pilot light on the stove went out and both my roommate and I had grown up with electric appliances. What to do? Call Mom for instructions, of course. Onset may be delayed by commonness of high speed internet, however. This was pre-Google.
    I expect to wait until she's at least 30!

Merry Xmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Merry Christmas Leslie. At Christmas, the proof is in the "figgy pudding" - ask Teen Fort if she can out swim a dolphin?
    Right now, she would probably say breaststroke is all she cares about. But there are still a few dolphin kicks involved even with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Dickson
    No swimming for me for few days...nobody seems to care that I have to work every holiday and all my pools close early...Have a great Christmas and new year.xoxo
    Thanks Kurt! The health care profession always takes it on the chin during the holidays. My sister is working too. I know it sucks not to work out, but, who knows, maybe your body will thank you. XOXO