View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Dec. 26

Rate this Entry
by , December 26th, 2012 at 05:31 PM (1878 Views)
Drylands:

RC ex, 15 min
captains chair leg raises, 2 x 25
long arm crunches, 2 x 50
knee tuck jumps, 10
standing broad jumps, 2 x 10
altitude drops, 2 x 10
squat jumps w/45 lb bar, 10
med ball slams, 2 x 10

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
16 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ

Main Sets:

Did a variation of one of my Holiday 25 sets from the HIT forum, http://forums.usms.org/forumdisplay....lie-Livingston
2 x through
4 x 25 torque drill w/paddles @:45
4 x 25 burst + cruise @1:00
4 x 25 swim @ 100 pace @ :45
4 x 25 EZ @ :45
4 x 25 AFAP kick @ 1:00
8 x 25 EZ @ :45

10 x 50 DPS w/agility paddles & fins @:50
odds = back
evens = free

Total: 3150

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I decided to split my drylands between today and tomorrow, so just did some core & plyos today. I hadn't done a drylands + sprint double in a while and my calves were cramping some of the second round of the speed set. I'm heading up to Pittsburgh tomorrow to check on the house renovations. Hope to see Jimby and Water Rat at the Sewickley practice on Friday.

This new blog format is going to take some time getting used to. Can someone tell me where the blog control function is now?

Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday! I know I did.

Submit "Wed., Dec. 26" to Digg Submit "Wed., Dec. 26" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Dec. 26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Dec. 26" to Google

Updated December 26th, 2012 at 05:46 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Can someone tell me where the blog control function is now?
    There are some blog settings under the toolbar below the USMS logo, not sure if that is what you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    There are some blog settings under the toolbar below the USMS logo, not sure if that is what you are looking for.
    Ah that was it. Didn't see it at first. Thx!
    why did they change the forum/blog pages?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    why did they change the forum/blog pages?
    I guess they were trying to modernize? I don't mind the color, but find it harder to read and find things. I wouldn't be surprised if views will be down for awhile at least.
    I agree that the new forum style is a bit static. It was also much easier to navigate the blogs previously. Being able to view all the recent entries and comments was a nice feature. Oh well.

Hope you have a very happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    I agree that the new forum style is a bit static. It was also much easier to navigate the blogs previously. Being able to view all the recent entries and comments was a nice feature. Oh well.

Hope you have a very happy New Year!
    It is harder to find stuff -- but I can't tell if that's a fault of the new layout or just that it is different.

If I understand what you are saying about the recent entries and comments, though, I think you can see them in the new layout. They aren't on a dedicated page like they used to be. If you go to the main blog page (http://forums.usms.org/blog.php), they appear on the right hand side, with the recent entries next to the first post and the recent comments just below that. At least, I think that's what you are looking for. Hope that helps.
    Note that the blog layout changes were not USMS' choice. The latest version of the software made all the layout changes. All I did was to style the outer wrapper of the whole forums/blogs area to look similar to the new USMS website. In this version of the software, the blogs are more integrated in with the rest of the code and I guess they changed the look of the blogs a fair amount. Not much we can do about it - the version we were using was pretty old and will soon lose further support, so we had to move on.

There's one feature that I find useful - the What's New link in the navigation bar. That responds quickly and shows all of the latest activity on the forums and blogs without having to do a specific search.
    Quote Originally Posted by matysekj
    Note that the blog layout changes were not USMS' choice. The latest version of the software made all the layout changes. All I did was to style the outer wrapper of the whole forums/blogs area to look similar to the new USMS website. In this version of the software, the blogs are more integrated in with the rest of the code and I guess they changed the look of the blogs a fair amount. Not much we can do about it - the version we were using was pretty old and will soon lose further support, so we had to move on.

There's one feature that I find useful - the What's New link in the navigation bar. That responds quickly and shows all of the latest activity on the forums and blogs without having to do a specific search.
    Did the blue Comic Sans font disappear with the upgrades?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Did the blue Comic Sans font disappear with the upgrades?
    Yes. From now on it will be replaced with flashing bright pink Comic Sans.
    My drawing software has a questions and answers forum also powered with V bulletin. They went through similar graphic changes on a recent upgrade. People kind of get stuck on a certain mode and the new look can take a little while to adjust to.

All I want to know is where's the flashing effect for this new font style?
    My drawing software has a questions and answers forum also powered with V bulletin. They went through similar graphic changes on a recent upgrade. People kind of get stuck on a certain mode and the new look can take a little while to adjust to.

All I want to know is where's the flashing effect for this new font style?
    That looks revolting!!!
    The new options include a revolting emoticon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by matysekj

Thanks for mentioning that feature, Jim. I like it, and wouldn't have thought to use it otherwise.
    The new options include a revolting emoticon as well.

Some forumites (not That Guy of course) would say all emoticons are revolting.