View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Sunrise 7K

Rate this Entry
I had a delightful sunrise LCM swim this morning at the Panama City Beach outdoor pool. The air was a windy 33 degrees, but the water was perfect, right around 80—the steam coming off the pool as I drove up in the dark this morning was a beautiful sight. Since the reduced winter hours and holiday closings made this the only LC opportunity of the week, I was determined to make the most of it. Here’s what I did:

First, with the PCST masters group (all two of us):

500 LCM warmup

12 x 50 @ :10 RI, odds drill, evens build to sprint [I alternated twosomes of FR with twosomes of BK BR and FL]

2x thru
300 FR @ 5:00, neg. split
4 x 50 kick IM order @ 1:15, build within each 50
3 x 100 FR fast @ 1:40 [held 1:24s on 1st round, 1:25-6s on 2nd]

4 x 200 pull w/ bilat breathing

5 x 100 warmdown with increasing rest intervals

That was it. But I wasn’t ready to get out! (It wasn’t warm enough yet to leave the pool, for one thing. Plus I was having too much fun swimming.) So I stayed in and did the following hodgepodge on my own:

7 x 150 stroke sandwiches (FR/ST/FR, with ST = FL BK BR FR BR BK FL) @ :15 RI, all at basic aerobic pace

50 easy

8 x 100: odds BK fast @ 2:00, 1:50, 1:40, 1:30, evens FR easy @ 2:00 [Made it! 1:28 on fastest BK]

5 x 200 pacman IM kick > FR swim, with kick at a mod-fast pace, swimming easy

100 extra warmdown + play [to round it off to 7k for the morning—woohoo!]

Submit "Sunrise 7K" to Digg Submit "Sunrise 7K" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunrise 7K" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunrise 7K" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments