2 x 25 Back Sprint @ :45
200 Back @ 3:15
2 x 25 Breast Sprint @ :45
200 Breast @ 3:30
2 x 25 Free Sprint @ :45
200 Free @ 3:00
2 x 25 Fly Sprint @ :45
then...
Go back to the top and do it all again...no bonus rest!
  • All 200s are "MAX Rest" - meaning go fast and get the most rest possible. Basically the whole set was fast...or at least an attempt at it.
  • 200s Fly were 2:25/2:30 by rounds (very wavy out there)
  • 200s Back were 2:32/2:40ish?
  • 200s Breast were completed (actually was pretty close to Jared, but I didn't check my times)
  • 200s Free were 2:10/2:15
  • We got lucky and didn't have to repeat the opening 200 Fly, but the other 2 lanes got a little extra fly training, because 4 people were doing a bit of 1-arm Fly during the 200. That is unexcusable (by Coach John's standards) in our group, and we know better. If we're going to crash, we're supposed to hold our stroke out front and "kick-thru" until clear to stroke again.

(2000/4200)

500 Free EZ
(500/4700)

5 Rounds of:
  • 100 Free MAX REST @ 1:15 (held 1:05s, w/ a 1:03 on the final round)
  • 50 Free EZ @ 1:00
  • 25 Free Sprint @ :45
  • 25 Free Sprint @ :45

(1000/5700)

600 Free EZ and out

----------------------------
6300 Yards and barely able to walk myself from the lockerroom to my car. I did thank John for kicking my butt tonight. IM workouts are harder than freestyle ones IMO.
Taco Bell drive thru for dinner tonight...I wasn't going to be able to make anything myself for dinner tonight anyway (like I ever do, right?)

Submit "Thurs, Dec. 27, 2012 4:00-6:00pm - No 1-Arm Fly Please" to Digg Submit "Thurs, Dec. 27, 2012 4:00-6:00pm - No 1-Arm Fly Please" to del.icio.us Submit "Thurs, Dec. 27, 2012 4:00-6:00pm - No 1-Arm Fly Please" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thurs, Dec. 27, 2012 4:00-6:00pm - No 1-Arm Fly Please" to Google

Comments

Good job on that workout all around!
    That IM set looks really cool. I've gotta try that some day.
    6300-worth of IM work... man! Nice job; a replacement drink and a protein bar might help with that walk out to the car... after a workout like that you should start refueling pretty quickly. Taco bell's sauce packets are great for cleaning jewelry, btw; being a fan of the stuff myself, I was somewhat disturbed to find that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Good job on that workout all around!
    That IM set looks really cool. I've gotta try that some day.
    Yeah...it was uh, cool. As it was being written on the board, our lane started to cringe thinking about the upcoming pain...especially the 2nd 200 Fly halfway through it. And coming from a 200 Flyer...it sucked.
    You should try it with a 15 year old 400 IMer, and a 19 year old college distance kid in your lane as well, with one of them 5 seconds ahead of you, and the other 5 seconds behind you. I only led the 200 Fly parts of the set.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair
    6300-worth of IM work... man! Nice job; a replacement drink and a protein bar might help with that walk out to the car... after a workout like that you should start refueling pretty quickly. Taco bell's sauce packets are great for cleaning jewelry, btw; being a fan of the stuff myself, I was somewhat disturbed to find that out.
    Thanks! It was tough for sure.
    I'm cheap. Water is good for me, and it comes out of the tap for minimal cost.
    As for Taco Bell, I like the sauce packets as well...they're coming up with some pretty good sayings on them now. Kinda humerous at times.
    I'm smiling at the use of "max rest" to mean fast or sprint. Nice workout!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    I'm not sure which is harder between Sprint, Max Rest, AFAP, & whatever else you want to call it, but it made me tired. I'm sure Fort believes AFAP is twice as hard as Sprint, but they're all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    "Max rest" makes me think of being in my jammies in a nice warm bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    "Max rest" makes me think of being in my jammies in a nice warm bed.
    Not gonna better yourself in the pool that way...
    I rarely swim fly in practice, usually do 1 arm fly
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    I rarely swim fly in practice, usually do 1 arm fly
    I try not to swim too much fly in practice as well, but when I sign on with the age group team, I kind of have to follow what is given. If we're doing a long STROKE set, I'll occasionally do 200s Back rather than Fly, even though the coach lets flyers alternate Fly/Free on every other one. I don't want to be "that old guy who skips out on it when it gets hard". I can skip out on it one of these years when I choose to go back to swimming on my own again, but until then, I'll be a good age grouper and do as I'm told.