View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 12 - Saturday swimming with the kids

Rate this Entry
So it's becoming a habit and I like it. I headed to the pool with my two kids. I swam laps while they bombed me from the diving board. We all had fun!

I decided to do some 500s today.

Warm up

500 free
500 catchup
i felt quite stiff today but loosened up after the catchup.

Main Set

4x500 pull with paddles on 6minutes. I held about 5.25 which felt quite good.
10x50 kick on 50

Warm down

200 easy
4x25s under water with my daughter. She had fun hanging onto my stomach while we went under water. My son continued to bomb us.
On the way home we stopped and had a Starbucks!

Submit "Week 12 - Saturday swimming with the kids" to Digg Submit "Week 12 - Saturday swimming with the kids" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 12 - Saturday swimming with the kids" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 12 - Saturday swimming with the kids" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Sounds like more great times with your family. Enjoy the pool and the special stop at Starbucks on the ride home.
    I am fortunate enough that my kids are both strong swimmers which enables me to train while they play(with a life guard in attendance) and young enough that they still want to be around dad. I guess in a couple of years I won't be cool enough to hang out with, but until then I plan on enjoying every single minute with them. The starbucks was a nice treat!