View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, Dec. 30

Rate this Entry
by , December 31st, 2012 at 10:14 AM (673 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
10 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
5 x 50 torque drill w/agility paddles @ 1:30
50 EZ

Main sets:

8 x 25 burst dolphin kick + cruise @ 1:00
50 EZ

8 x 25 burst fast hands drills + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

4 x (5 x 50 w/fins) @ 1:30
1 = EZ kick
2 = @ 100 pace
3 = EZ kick
4 = AFAP
5 = EZ kick
R1 = fly (25/23), R2 = breast (29/27high), R3 = free (24/23 missed turn), R4 = flutter kick w/board (27 flat/25)
100 EZ

12 x 25 swim w/parachute @ 1:00
-- 4 free, 4 back, 4 breast
150 EZ

Total: 3350

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I slept in and opted not to go the team New Year practice. I'm a little leary of the distance; I recall my shoulder was sore for 6 weeks after one of those practices two years ago. In any event, this practice seemed quite hard. I was bushed the rest of the day -- probably because it's the first time I've used a parachute since November before taper. Parachutes are very fatiguing.

My meet plan for 2013:

Jan. 20: MD series meet in Annapolis
Feb: ?? Possibly I'll go to a SCM meet at Spire with Jimby or have an off month
Early March: Warrenton meet. It's not on the PV schedule yet, but I'm hoping they have it again.
March 16: Albatross SCM meet
April 20-21: Colonies Zones at GMU
May 10-12: Nationals in Indy
Summer: ?? I may try to attend Colonies Zones LCM in Richmond in late June. The meet is on the calendar, but it doesn't specify a pool. I don't plan on much meet wise this summer as we'll be moving. I still plan to swim all the PV meets after the move.
Oct. 26: Sprint Classic
Nov.: Reston Relay/Sprint Carnival
Dec.: NE SCM Champs

We are going away for Spring Break for 9 days at the end of March (23-31). It looks like I could be out of the pool the entire time. Not ideal for Nationals prep, but a great happiness jaunt. I may taper for my March meets and then try to reboot in April and swim through CZ.

Happy happy new year!

Submit "Sunday, Dec. 30" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Dec. 30" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Dec. 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Dec. 30" to Google

Updated December 31st, 2012 at 10:19 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments

The June Colonies LCM meet is at the GRAP pool, the '08 trials pool. As much as I wanted to go to Indy, I think a work conference will prevent that so I am considering focusing on LCM starting in late April and then using that Colonies meet as my big travel and taper meet for the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    The June Colonies LCM meet is at the GRAP pool, the '08 trials pool. As much as I wanted to go to Indy, I think a work conference will prevent that so I am considering focusing on LCM starting in late April and then using that Colonies meet as my big travel and taper meet for the year.
    excellent! Sounds like a good focus meet for me for the summer too. Bummed to miss you in Indy.
    Hopefully I get to see you at some of the meets this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    Hopefully I get to see you at some of the meets this year!
    Hope so! Mommies need to do stuff for themselves too.