Jan. 1, 2013
by, January 1st, 2013 at 06:50 PM (1263 Views)
16 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
-- 8 back, 8 belly
8 x 50 @ 1:30 w/agility paddles
odds = caterpillar fly drill
evens = double arm torque drill
8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
8 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
2 free from a dive (11, 12)
2 back from block (13)
2 breast dolphin from dive (15)
1 shooter (9)
1 flutter kick w/board (11)
2 x (4 x 25 @ 100 pace @ 15:RI + 100 EZ)
-- free w/small paddles
8 x (50 w/small paddles & fins @ 200 pace + 25 EZ back kick) @ 1:30
odds = free
evens = evil
Swam in the new year with a HIT workout. Naturally. I like using the small paddles for speed work, but they are just not great for streamlining.
I haven't seen any new years resolutions in the blogs! I have a few:
1. Work on my backstroke start. I know, everyone thinks it's my strength, but I have been consistently flat backing starts and not getting a clean entry. I'm not sure if this has to do with the new head back position I've adopted or something else. More arch and more toe flick needed!
2. Concentrate on keeping my upper body straight while SDK-ing. I've been detecting some upper body undulation in my 50 backs, and I think this is slower for me.
3. Keep working on the wider pull for evilstroke that helped me drop time at NE Champs. (No resolution at all to do more whip kick. )
4. Swim freestyle more than once in a blue moon at meets. I had been dong it more in practice last fall with my shoulder improved. This may be somewhat hard as there are only so many meets and I swim all four strokes.
5. Continue to be entranced with in water strength training. This year, I added bungee cordz to my equipment bag and used my parachute more regularly. I may start doing parachute work in > 25 distances. I'm hoping I can use small paddles more regularly too. Of course, this type of work is very fatiguing, so I have to be careful not to overdo.
6. Use my 2XU compression top more regularly. I always forget to put it on! Today my excuse was that I had to go to Lil Fort's soccer game straight from the pool.
7. What else? No GTD suggestions please! (I did swim a whopping 17 more miles than last year topping out at 348.)
I did spot my wayward training partner Speedo at the Fairfax New Years Eve 4 miler yesterday. Since Lil Fort smoked him, I think his real future is still in swimming.