View RSS Feed

David W Cochran

Friday, Jan. 4th - Getting Back in the Wake

Rate this Entry
Made it to the pool at 5:40 this morning - amazing how fast I can get out of an early morning routine, but, anyway, I made it. Also amazing how fast I can lose swimming speed and endurance. However, I think that may have more to do with the overeating (extra 5 lbs.) and lack of good rest than the lack of swimming.

The main group was there (Peter, Dave, Dave, Roger, Danny) along with high schooler Andrei. I wasn't ready to start mixing it up with them and was fortunate to have a lane to myself.

Just like Wednesday night, I didn't focus as much on speed and pushing it as I did on just getting my swimming back. Also did a little fly and IM, including 2 200 IM's - gotta build these up and not pysch myself out for the meet. I really tried to stay relaxed in the fly and breast - cruising while stretching/gliding with the strokes. As I build confience on being able to finish, I figure I can work on the speed.

4 times thru
5x100 - 1st and 2nd times - Free on 1:30; 3rd and 4th - Back on 1:40

500 Kick - Alt Free and Fly by 50's
4x50 IM order on 1:00
2x 200 IM (3:20; 3:15)
5x200 Back w/paddles on 3:15
5x100 Free w/paddles on 1:30

4600 yards
85 minutes

Submit "Friday, Jan. 4th - Getting Back in the Wake" to Digg Submit "Friday, Jan. 4th - Getting Back in the Wake" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Jan. 4th - Getting Back in the Wake" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Jan. 4th - Getting Back in the Wake" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments