View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Recovery day...

Rate this Entry
by , January 8th, 2013 at 09:08 PM (243 Views)
I realized when I was about half-way through today that I really should have taken the whole day off. I was so worn out from the stroke work and the cumulative effect of the last 7 days. I intended to do about 2000-2500. I did 1700. Last Tuesday was the January 1st: no swim. Ditto, the previous Tuesday. As it turns out those are the only two days I've had out of the pool in a month now. I focused just on form today, even when I was pushing it a little the times were horrible.

Here's how it broke down:

400 fr EZ on 8:00 (this came in around 6:50)
4 x 100 pull w/ buoy and paddles on 2:00 (1:34-1:37)
4 x 50 fr on 1:00 (:44-:46 ugh!)
14 x 50 relaxed*

*I started off doing 150-worth of kick with short fins in streamline (50 each: dolphin, back dolphin, back), then I did 150 w/o the fins and w/ the board (3 x 50 breast kick), then I did 3 x 50 br, 3 x 50 bk, and 2 x 50 free (the fr were around :40; maybe I was finally warming up?). Lots of interruptions during this set, as everyone I hadn't seen in over a week showed up (I've been there, where were they?) and they wanted to chat. OK, I didn't mind the chatting either.

Tomorrow I'm anxious to see if I can't swim a little faster.

Submit "Recovery day..." to Digg Submit "Recovery day..." to del.icio.us Submit "Recovery day..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Recovery day..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments