View RSS Feed

Mixing it up this year

Some good distance work today

Rate this Entry
by , January 10th, 2013 at 07:49 AM (530 Views)
Yes the distance Queen is back and I managed to get thru this one despite showing up late, because I had to get gas.

Last night I had to do 25 minutes on the spin bike just to be able to have a light snack for dinner. I had used up all my calories. What is funny is I weighed myself before and after. How do you gain weight while riding? I gained a pound.

500 free every 4th lap kick on back
400 IM as fly drill, back pull, breast kick, free swim
500 free kick w/zoomers every 3rd 25 moderately fast
100 back

33x50@:50 free #1-12 pull w/strapless paddles & bouy #13-33 swim #1-12 held :42's #13-33 held :45's
50 back EZ
100 Free

Total 3300 yards

Submit "Some good distance work today" to Digg Submit "Some good distance work today" to del.icio.us Submit "Some good distance work today" to StumbleUpon Submit "Some good distance work today" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I actually hit the same issue with weighing myself when I did spin classes. I always put it down to drinking a ton of water and not sweating enough to offset the weight of the water. Depending on how much you drank this could be it. It sucks so I just flat stopped weighing myself before and after spin class.
    Two things: (1) you probably sweat a lot and if you were wearing cotton then your clothes would absorb it and therefore weigh more and everybody knows you weigh more if your clothes weigh more. (2) Your workout was so awesome you gained muscle weight in your quads. I'm not being serious, I think if anything Stewart's explanation is probably the only viable one.