View RSS Feed

Blog

1\10\13 (1/9 and 1/10)

Rate this Entry
by , January 10th, 2013 at 10:01 AM (186 Views)
SCM at club (1/9)

Practiced turns and drills, cannot remember but distance was about 1500 total

SCM at club (1/10)

Warmup

• 10 x 15M @ 0:20 practice turns at easy pace

500 free Scull switch drill with snorkel

6 x 50 @ 2:00 free/fly

• Dive from side, concentrate on streamline, easy sprint, catch breath and fly back

4 x 50 @ 2:00 free/(drill/free/back/breast)

• Dive from side, concentrate on streamline, easy sprint, catch breath and () back

300 easy with snorkel with 16 strokes per length

23 x 15M @ 0:30 practice turns

7 x 15M @ 0:20 practice turns
This pool is about 7.5M wide. Found out this is an excellent opportunity to work on my, much needed to work on, turns. So it is a push-off under the single lane line, a few strokes then the final quick right stroke in to wall. Can only do this drill when pool is empty. Discovered the tip Ande mentioned earlier in a recent post (arm position at turns) was also a well needed suggestion in my case (Thanks!).

The fly started to irritate my right shoulder, need to figure this out since it is a consistant resulting problem.

Was totally tore up yesterday from the plyometrics on 1/8. It doesn't seem like it while it's being done (probably from starting with a solid strength training history), but I definately feel it the day after.

Submit "1\10\13 (1/9 and 1/10)" to Digg Submit "1\10\13 (1/9 and 1/10)" to del.icio.us Submit "1\10\13 (1/9 and 1/10)" to StumbleUpon Submit "1\10\13 (1/9 and 1/10)" to Google

Updated January 10th, 2013 at 10:12 AM by __steve__

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That happens to me in the gym sometimes. It all feels great at the time and then, whammo, the next day I'm sore. Maybe you're doing too many plyos? A little goes a long way.

Butterfly is hard on the shoulders. Have you considered trying fins for fly once in awhile? (I almost only swim fly with fins these days.) Or SDK-ing more so that you're not taking as many strokes? Also, why do fly after a sprint when you're fatigued? Maybe do it when you're unfatigued and can keep good form.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Maybe you're doing too many plyos? A little goes a long way.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Have you considered trying fins for fly once in awhile? (I almost only swim fly with fins these days.) Or SDK-ing more so that you're not taking as many strokes? Also, why do fly after a sprint when you're fatigued? Maybe do it when you're unfatigued and can keep good form.
    I have never tried fins and I like the idea more now than ever with aching shoulder