power wheel roll outs, 2 x 15
standing power wheel roll outs, 2 x 8
cable twist w/yoga ball, 50 x 3 x 8 each side
extreme angle iso squat, 4:00
flutter kick on bosu, 2 x 100
long arm crunches, 2 x 50

20 minutes foam rolling & stretching

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Took it kind of easy today -- mostly core work and skipped the plyos. I found my ankle weights the other day, so need to start using those on my flutter kicks on the bosu. And, for the first time ever, I saw someone else at the gym doing an extreme angle iso squat. It was a trainer who says he does it for explosive strength. :-) I haven't done them for a bit, so it will take my shins awhile to get used to them again.

There are some good musing about training and practices by Paul Yetter on this blog: http://createperformance.blogspot.com/. Some of his sets I thought Patrick might like. I saw one I might adapt for the HIT forum.

Why recovery days should be easy: neural fatigue
http://www.swimmingscience.net/2012/...-swimming.html

Submit "Thursday, Jan. 10" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Jan. 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Jan. 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Jan. 10" to Google

Updated January 10th, 2013 at 04:59 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Thanks for the links. The neural fatigue is intriguing and I (probably other mid-d to d-folks) need to be more attuned to this. I found Yetter's workouts good ... but the structure of the text hard to wade through. That being said, I've bookmarked it as the text-wading effort appears to be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Thanks for the links. The neural fatigue is intriguing and I (probably other mid-d to d-folks) need to be more attuned to this. I found Yetter's workouts good ... but the structure of the text hard to wade through. That being said, I've bookmarked it as the text-wading effort appears to be worth it.
    Neural fatigue -- men are especially susceptible. Or at least men who are quasi jacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I found Yetter's workouts good ... but the structure of the text hard to wade through. That being said, I've bookmarked it as the text-wading effort appears to be worth it.
    Does it come in a picture book?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Does it come in a picture book?
    haha.

Salo's workouts come in a nice PDF, though they take a bit of translation too.