View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 01/10/13:

Rate this Entry
Wow, first time I have done two days in a row all year!

200 FR/200 back warmup

4 x (with snorkel):
- 50 kick with board on :05 SR
- 100 strong FR with agility paddles on :10 SR

1 x Noah's Ark with snorkel (went ~ 6:15)

1 x 100 EZ, then
1 x 400 IM (1:20, 2:45, 4:30, 5:45)

10 x 50 on :50
- odds: FR dolphin dives in the shallows
- evens: Stroke (Medley Relay order), extra BK to finish (31.6)

1 x 200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2600 yds/50 min)
---------------------------------

It has been weird so far this year, the pool has not been inundated with New Year's Resolutionists. The past two have yielded super crowded lanes, so I am a little confused, but perfectly ok.

After the swim today I mailed out a printer to my daughter at school, and went to a basketball game to cheer on my son. Their team is not the most coordinated, but they were able to tie the game against the local high school, where basketball is all the rage. (Funny, the varsity team is not doing great (0-8), but of course the local paper only covers them, not the swim team, where the girls are undefeated and the boys have only lost one meet). Well, Preston's team lost in OT 45-39, but he played a good game (his best effort so far this season), and was putting some of the moves that we work on during the Sunday night practices into the game.

I'll most likely be dry through the weekend due to work, but have gotten within two miles of my GTD. I plan to catch up to my goal pace by the end of next week.

Submit "Workout 01/10/13:" to Digg Submit "Workout 01/10/13:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 01/10/13:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 01/10/13:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Those close high school basketball games are fun to watch; glad your son had a good game.
    Yeah, it is so cool to see the crowd play into the game