View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Blah, blah Thursday

Rate this Entry
by , January 10th, 2013 at 11:38 PM (13 Views)
I've been burning the out-of-pool energy a little too high lately -- getting some professional neural fatigue (http://www.swimmingscience.net/2012/...-swimming.html, thanks to Fortress for the link) due to some work-induced shorter sleep nights -- and felt it today at Lifetime when I intended to squeeze in a 2,500 SCM workout. I felt crummy on my standard 1,500 warmup and so just finished up with:

10 x 50: on 1:00, with long fins
  • #1 as 10 underwater SDKs on belly into easy freestyle swim on the first lap into 1 underwater SDK on back off the wall into easy streamlined backstroke kick
  • #2 as 9 underwater SDKs on belly into easy freestyle swim on the first lap into 2 underwater SDK on back off the wall into easy streamlined backstroke kick
  • Repeat pattern through #5 then
  • #6 as 5 underwater SDKs on back into easy streamlined backstroke kick on the first lap into 6 underwater SDKs on belly off the wall into freestyle swim
  • Repeat pattern through #10

I then did 2 x 25 trying for perfect stroke freestyle breathing every two to my left side. Perfection was not attained.

TOTAL: 2,050 SCM

Submit "Blah, blah Thursday" to Digg Submit "Blah, blah Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Blah, blah Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blah, blah Thursday" to Google

Tags: ltf-az
Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments