View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Out of H2O, Jan.13-14

Rate this Entry
I've been out of the water the last two days. Eye problem, either allergy or an infection of some sort. Hopefully, I'll at least be able to kick with a board tomorrow. I did get a massage yesterday and that was nice.

I entered the Md Series Jan. 20 meet in Annapolis this weekend. I didn't love the order of events, but decided to work on my belly SDKs/free SDKs and do 100 free/100 fly/50 free. I don't think I've swum 100 free in SCY since 2009. But sometimes it's nice to swim off events, especially at an in season meet. I was leery of swimming backstroke since I'm not sure if there will be electronic timing. And we were limited to 3 events.

Submit "Out of H2O, Jan.13-14" to Digg Submit "Out of H2O, Jan.13-14" to del.icio.us Submit "Out of H2O, Jan.13-14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Out of H2O, Jan.13-14" to Google

Updated January 14th, 2013 at 05:59 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I would figure that an "off event" for a sprinter would be something like a 500 Free, or a 200 Breast, not a 100 Free. But you are the EXTREME definition of a sprinter for sure. If USMS did the 25s for National competition/rankings, you'd probably choose them over the 50s too!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I would figure that an "off event" for a sprinter would be something like a 500 Free, or a 200 Breast, not a 100 Free. But you are the EXTREME definition of a sprinter for sure. If USMS did the 25s for National competition/rankings, you'd probably choose them over the 50s too!
    Nah I wouldn't. Though 25 fly sounds better than 100 fly.

I really just meant that I typically don't swim freestyle much at meets. No real sprinter is going to swim the 500 free!