16 x 25
odds = up tempo free @ :30
evens = EZ
100 EZ

1 x AFAP 25 free + 75 EZ
-- nasty calf cramp

Total: 2300

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Eyes are still sore. I guess I should feel "lucky" I had an eye infection during a recovery week. I hope they're completely better by Sunday for the meet. Right now, there are 125 swimmers signed up and 100 free is the most popular event.

The pool is still relatively crowded even when I try to hit it at 1:30. Go away resolutionists!

Training tips from star athletes, including Coughlin:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...star-athletes/
-- For me, managing the "energy pie" seems the most important.

Submit "Wed., Jan. 16" to Digg Submit "Wed., Jan. 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Jan. 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Jan. 16" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

The NY Times training tips article was a good read, thanks for the referral. Agreed, managing the "Energy Pie" is certainly important to athletic adults with comprehensive active lifestyles. Also "Structure Your Training", which you already do quite well, and Rich Abrahams is another good example, is where a careful strategy of training activities and phases are mapped out specifically according to one's goals. But of course that means setting clear goals. I have always admired swimmer Alexander Popov and his training with coach Gennadi Touretski as one of the greatest examples of structured training.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    The NY Times training tips article was a good read, thanks for the referral. Agreed, managing the "Energy Pie" is certainly important to athletic adults with comprehensive active lifestyles. Also "Structure Your Training", which you already do quite well, and Rich Abrahams is another good example, is where a careful strategy of training activities and phases are mapped out specifically according to one's goals. But of course that means setting clear goals. I have always admired swimmer Alexander Popov and his training with coach Gennadi Touretski as one of the greatest examples of structured training.
    Yes, he is definitely an excellent example. I guess structuring/goal setting comes relatively naturally to me. Confining life chaos is more difficult, but yet necessary to achieving those goals.