View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

working through it...

Rate this Entry
by , January 18th, 2013 at 11:37 AM (244 Views)
Just a quick post to record what I got in yesterday. I wasn't able to get in until late last night, because things kept popping up during the day, so I didn't have much time. Got to the Y at 7PM, they close at 9PM. I did 45 minutes of dryland conditioning (I made it through two sets of everything in the Salo/Riewald Masters Workout I-preliminary phase; my preliminary phase might be longer than most as I learn these exercises and overcome the previous workout's soreness!).

After a quick stretch in the sauna, I showered and headed out to the pool. The evening crowd was just starting to thin out, so I got a lane right away and went through the following:

400 swim (alt fr and pull by 100)
4 x 100 on 2:00 (alt 100 IM and 100 fr)
4 x 50 fr on 1:00 (:39-:41)
16 x 50 on 1:00 (or 1:05), (4 x thru IM order; 1:00 rest after ea round)
200 IM (3:38)
200 fr cool-down
---
2200 SCY/50 minutes

I was so tired and sore from the previous workouts (new drylands along w/ yesterdays 4200-yard session), that I really considered getting out after 1000, but I said to myself I might as well do one round through the 50s in IM order, who knows I might even get in 1500 tonight. At 1200 I decided, OK, one more round, the same at 1400 and 1600... at which point I had already done 250 of each stroke (not counting the extra fr) for the day, 2 x 100 IM and the equivalent of 4 broken 200 IMs. I was dead tired and running out of clock, so I decided to do 200 IM without the rests between strokes (my original plan was to do 20 x 50, IM order). I finished in 3:38 just as the lifeguard was turning off the digital pace clock and starting to pack things up for the night.

Today I don't feel nearly as sore as I did on Tuesday, Wednesday, or yesterday; I'll try to get in for a nice stretch out swim today and then prep for tomorrow's distance workout.

Submit "working through it..." to Digg Submit "working through it..." to del.icio.us Submit "working through it..." to StumbleUpon Submit "working through it..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments