View RSS Feed

David W Cochran

Sat. Jan 19th - Swimming in LV

Rate this Entry
Low Visibility that is. After all the warm weather we have had I guess they weren't ready for the cold stuff that came through the last couple of days. The water was fine, but the air coming out of the vents was cool - the result fog in the Nat. I kept thinking my goggles were fogging up, but it was the air.

Missed swimming yesterday - not because I didn't go (which I did) but because the pool was closed. Northerners that now live down here have to be astounding by way officials react to a little moisture mixed with freezing temperatures. It's even crazy to most of us southerners.

Peter, Dave, Dave, and Bob were there this morning. We swam a posted workout and then added on at the end. I swam a little extra trying to make up for yesterday.

2x100 Kick/Swim
11x50 Free/Back/Breast/4 Free/Free/Back/Breast/Free
5x100 on 1:25 (1:15's +/-)
400 Free/Back/Breast/Free
5x100 on 1:35 (1:15 - 1:17)
400 Free/Back/Breast/Free
4x200 Free Paddles on 3:00 (<2:35's, last -2:30)
4x50 Back on :55
4x200 Free w/paddles on 3:00 (<2:35's, last - 2:38)
4x50 Back on :55
200 Kick
500 Back w/paddles (7:30)
100 Free
100 Kick
3x100 Free w/paddles on 1:30
3x100 Back w/ paddles
200 Free

6250 yards
120 minutes

Submit "Sat. Jan 19th - Swimming in LV" to Digg Submit "Sat. Jan 19th - Swimming in LV" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat. Jan 19th - Swimming in LV" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat. Jan 19th - Swimming in LV" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I moved from Boston to Mobile 5+ years ago. The first or second winter I was here, there were some ice patches outside the library where I work and maintenance cordoned them off with yellow tape. I just about died laughing.
    Ice in Mobile!!!! Surprised they didn't shut everything down!

Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I moved from Boston to Mobile 5+ years ago. The first or second winter I was here, there were some ice patches outside the library where I work and maintenance cordoned them off with yellow tape. I just about died laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by David W Cochran
    Ice in Mobile!!!! Surprised they didn't shut everything down!
    We got "snow" a few years back and they did actually open the university late and then send us home early. They told all the teaching faculty that they had to give students excused absences, extended deadlines, etc., so of course no one showed up. We got a dusting of snow that melted as soon as it hit the ground.

But then for hurricanes it's apparently like pulling teeth to get them to close.