View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Still trying to find a theme

Rate this Entry
by , January 22nd, 2013 at 10:17 AM (258 Views)
Hello again! Long time no post! I'v gotten out o the habit of reading posts on the forums/blogs as I have slowly become more and more addicted to parent portal. One time I was checking it and saw the grade CHANGE! How thrilling.

I still haven't found my motivation of what to do - quest for 23 50 free, max top ten times, fly theme, 200 back, final frontier 200 breast, win workouts (ie, join the equipment crowd), or do another round of P90X? I just can't decide!

In the meantime, I have been doing more fly, mostly because I only want to do 1/2 of the sets, and not for any goal in particular. The coralary to sickfish's training for the fly, I am doing fly as endurance for free but at 1/2 the yardage.

Here was yesterday's workout: SCM Baylor Fitness Center

600 warm up

14 x 100's done as
4 x 1:30
1 easy
3 x 1:25
1 easy
2 x 1:20
1 easy
1 : 15
1 easy
===> That would be a serious no. I did the 100's as 50 flys, decending by each set. Started at 39 and worked down to 35 on the last one. Summary: I am out of fly shape! I was pretty tired by the last one. And they were sort of hard!

4 x 150 on 3 min:
100 kick/50 swim
I put on my fins and went a modest speed. This entire set was a recovery set.

10 x 50's as:1:00/1:30(?)
2 x fast
1 easy
2 x fast
1 easy
2 x fast
1 easy
1 fast
======> The set was about to start so I had to come up with an answer right quick, so I said, "I'm doing something that does not including doing the full set! You guys go!" And then the pressure was on to think of something, and that something was:
4 x 50's fast within the same time, so I would average 2:30 per 50. Now, stupid me, I should have just done #1, 4, 7, and 10 fast, but I banked a bit of rest and did #1, 3, 7 and 10 fast, descending free 50's. I went 38 36 31 31. I thought if it hurts this bad, just bite the bullet and go as low as you can, skipping over the 35-32 range. 31 isn't so great, but after the first fly set, I was more tired than I thought. I just didn't have it at the end!

Easy 50
The End

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The frustrating thing is that the constant state of being is in "almost good shape". AGS is the new elite conditioing. I did the legs and back P90x routine and now my rear end is entirely sore. A few weeks ago, at my non-peak muscly stage, I was swimming faster. So not that I am attempting to get in good overall shape, it's an effort to swim at modest AGS speed. I am thinking I should not worry about "training" so much as doing drylands to simply stay in good middle age woman shape, and always swim at the high end of AGS.

Submit "Still trying to find a theme" to Digg Submit "Still trying to find a theme" to del.icio.us Submit "Still trying to find a theme" to StumbleUpon Submit "Still trying to find a theme" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments