View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Tues, Jan. 22, 2013 7:00-9:00pm

Rate this Entry
I was tired an sluggish today. I'm sure it's because of my change of job at work. I'm still doing the same job, just on the main packing line which is huge, and requires a lot of walking around, plus I start work at 5:00am to get everything ready for the 6:00am start time. That makes for fun, especially when I'm swimming till 9:00pm the night before...and then typing a blog and unwinding before getting to bed.

Warmup:

1000 Free
16 x 25 SDK underwater w/ short fins @ 1:00
10 x 100 Free @ 1:30 still warmupish pace. I just couldn't really go more than a 1:15 on these. Felt like blah.
(2400/2400)

Main Set:

4 Rounds of:
  • 300 Free @ 4:30 (150/160 HR)
  • 200 Stroke @ 4:00 (180+ HR)
  • 100 Free @ 1:45 (150/160 HR)

(2400/4800)
This set was pretty much garbage until round 3 when my body finally "woke up" and I decided to pick up the freestyle a bit, coming down to 3:35s on the 300s.

8 x 25 Fly @ :45
(200/5000)

4 x 100 Free @ 1:15 into (cruised these @ 1:10s)
4 x 100 Free @ 1:10 (upped the tempo to about 1:06s here)
(800/5800)

8 x 25 Fly @ :45
(200/6000)

200 EZ

---------------------------
6200 Yards

Submit "Tues, Jan. 22, 2013 7:00-9:00pm" to Digg Submit "Tues, Jan. 22, 2013 7:00-9:00pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Tues, Jan. 22, 2013 7:00-9:00pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tues, Jan. 22, 2013 7:00-9:00pm" to Google

Comments

I couldn't do that schedule for sure. When I'm up that early I'm a pumpkin by 8pm. That's why I switched back to swimming after work, though I'll have to switch back in the summer when we always get late afternoon thunderstorms.
    The only good side is more OT and you don't have to do alot of driving here and there. Isn't your town like one long block! Sleep is so overrated anyway.
    Blogging's hard work. That's why some people can only manage to post once a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I couldn't do that schedule for sure. When I'm up that early I'm a pumpkin by 8pm. That's why I switched back to swimming after work, though I'll have to switch back in the summer when we always get late afternoon thunderstorms.
    I like swimming in the evening vs. before work. When you're before work swimming, one eye is always on the clock, and you can't give full effort to the swim. Yeah, I'm pretty much a zombie when I first arrive at work, but after the first 5 minutes of moving (and I have to move fast) in the morning, I'm awake. I don't have long to get it all going, so I have to high step it too! Aerobic workout #2.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    The only good side is more OT and you don't have to do alot of driving here and there. Isn't your town like one long block! Sleep is so overrated anyway.
    Not exactly more OT, but I do get off earlier in the day, so I'm home around 2:00pm everyday. It is more family time which is nice.

And my town is about 3 blocks long if you want to count it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Blogging's hard work. That's why some people can only manage to post once a week.
    Tell me about it...sometimes I wonder how people can do more than one a week...or one a month for that matter. How many of the monthly bloggings have you missed Q?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    How many of the monthly bloggings have you missed Q?
    I blog when I have something interesting to blog about. Sorry, something I think is interesting, if I waited until it really interesting, I am not sure I would have ever blogged.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I blog when I have something interesting to blog about. Sorry, something I think is interesting, if I waited until it really interesting, I am not sure I would have ever blogged.
    Fair enough.