View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 16 - another long one

Rate this Entry
I felt good this morning, but again really pooped by the end of the session. These 1hr 10-15 min workouts have been good to get the yardage up but by the end I am feeling very tired. Work has not helped this week either. My Korean visitors are in until Thursday and then i have a Vistage conference. Monday was a long day, starting with morning practice and end ending about midnight after picking up our korean guests at the airport. Yesterday was a long day too, with entertaining. I am looking forward to the weekend to catchup on my sleep.

Warm up
400 free
6x50 finger drag higher than usual elbow on 45
2x400 IM kick/swim/drill/swim

Main set
12x100 done as 50 stroke, 50 free on 1.20
3x500 free holding 1.05 pace on 5.50
3x200 IM descend 1-3 on 2.45

Warm down
200 easy

Total 5000

I held 1.05 pace on the 500s and felt ok. The last one hurt but I got into a nice rhythm and focused on long and strong. I seem to be hitting 10.5 strokes per length at the moment which causes my turns to be too tight. I have a tendency to breath to the left and I think if I did more bilateral breathing I would be better off. Somehow I find bilateral harder when I am trying to hit a rhythm. Something else to work on I guess. I am entertaining tonight again but should be able to make the evening practice.

Submit "Week 16 - another long one" to Digg Submit "Week 16 - another long one" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 16 - another long one" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 16 - another long one" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments