View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

EZ day, recovery...

Rate this Entry
by , January 24th, 2013 at 06:44 PM (303 Views)
feel like I've turned the corner on the cold. I felt so good in fact I was planning to do some drylands after my swim, but I forgot my gym shoes ("zer iz no such sing az an accident..." I can hear Dr. Freud saying in an outrageous movie-German accent). My freudian slip means I got to skip another day of drylands... less torture, more rest when recovering from a cold, it's all good. The swim was the EZ day I should have taken yesterday, except that there is still nothing EZ about any of the "other" strokes for me. I had originally planned on doing a descending ladder for yards 2-3000 (400 IM, 300 IM, 200 IM, 100 IM), because I have unresolved masochistic tendencies, but I got to yard 2000 and decided that was good enough for the day. Scotty was not there to share my pain, so I feel like my times were a lot slower, but I've been swimming everyday without a break for 24 days and have only had 4 days completely off of swimming since Thanksgiving. I might take tomorrow completely off and then hit the reset button for a long workout Saturday. Here's what I did today:

400 swim (fr, bk, br)
2 x 200 IM kick drills
2 x 100 IM kick drills
16 x 25 on :45 (400 IM order)
1:30 rest
200 IM (3:29)
2:30 rest
16 x 25 on :45 (400 IM order)

Submit "EZ day, recovery..." to Digg Submit "EZ day, recovery..." to del.icio.us Submit "EZ day, recovery..." to StumbleUpon Submit "EZ day, recovery..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments