View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Monday 01/28/13

Rate this Entry
by , January 28th, 2013 at 10:01 AM (778 Views)
You'll need to pick up the pace to achieve your goal this year:
My goal pace: 47.67 miles required as of today to reach my goal by the end of the event
My actual current pace: 46.99 miles as of today

I knew it was going to happen eventually. Just didn't realize it would happen before the end of January!! Ah well.

400 back/free
400 P
200 K

100 K
200 RIM
300 P
400 S
300 P
200 RIM
100 K

4 x 100 desc on 1:40
100 easy
3 x 500; P no paddles, P w/paddles & then P w/fins
100 easy
Total:4700

ATAC hosted a meet this weekend, so coach was going easy on everyone. Guess we'll hit it pretty hard again on Wednesday.

Submit "Monday 01/28/13" to Digg Submit "Monday 01/28/13" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday 01/28/13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday 01/28/13" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Did you get my PM? I'm never sure if they got sent - they don't show up in the sent mail folder for some reason. If not, I'll send it again.
    Oh, yes, I did! Made me enter! Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Oh, yes, I did! Made me enter! Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you!
    Likewise! I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn ($89) for the free internet and breakfast. When I entered the group codes weren't listed on the page but he sent them to me. If you're interested I can pass them along.
    So you are 46.99 of goal pace 47.67, that's still pretty close. A quick way to catch up would be to do a one hour swim!
    Is that a challenge Mr.Totten? I was sort of thinking about entering the February Fitness Challenge - but then I realized, wait, I did about half of that during Christmas Training, and it nearly killed me off! I've just got to keep my head down & keep pluggin' along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Is that a challenge Mr.Totten? I was sort of thinking about entering the February Fitness Challenge - but then I realized, wait, I did about half of that during Christmas Training, and it nearly killed me off! I've just got to keep my head down & keep pluggin' along.
    You made me laugh! I knew you would say something like that...a practical, well adjusted/balanced person like yourself might do a one hour swim maybe as a fundraiser perhaps. Swimming with the kids should keep you on goal pace.
    Swimming with the kids should keep you on goal pace
    Certainly keeps me going!
    James, you're gonna be getting in bookoo yards this year! I always rack up the yards in the summer - when they have the pool LCM every day, I go every day. In the winter I usually only hit the pool 3-4 x week, so I get behind. I'm getting a little crazy. Thinking about doing that dumb swim around Chatanooga in October this year or the 5K out by St.Augustine. Don't know whats the matter with me, I usually stick to my pretty little black line. . . .

Frank - glad I made you laugh! I wish we had one of those breast cancer swim a thons here in Tallahassee - that would be awesome. Maybe I'll see if I can participate "on-line" - or do a little leg work & get one going myself. My BF just got diagnosed with it 3 weeks ago, so it's on the top of my mind.