View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Monday 01282012, another soggy swim

Rate this Entry
by , January 28th, 2013 at 11:28 PM (33 Views)
went to Mesa-Kino for the AM masters workout

100 w/u

2 x (150 various drills
100 swim)

12 x 75 @ 1:20, done as 3 rounds of:
* build up
* build down
* all easy
* FAST

12 x 25 kick no board @ :30 (used fins on back)

4 x 200 swim @ 3:30
--first 100 build to 70%
--next 50, build to 80%
--last 50, build to 90%

6 x 25 kick @ :30 (used board + fins)

400 pull, used buoy + paddles. did 75 free/25 back/75 free/25 breast

250 w/d

TTL: 3300 yards

it was a major downpour when I arrived at Kino.
the parking lot was full. I just assumed there must be other groups. but I walked in with a woman who coaches, and she said the kids were off this morning. the Navy seals guys were in the warm-up pool. but we had a few people doing the hour postal, and an unusually high number of people swimming...I had never seen so many masters swimmers at a Kino workout before. there were people in the diving well, and every lane of the main pool.

I was a little late, and with the downpour I was trying to find someplace dry to stow my bag. ended up getting in a lane where Laura coached, which was fine. don't know how she keeps such a positive attitude in such miserable, dreary conditions.
I liked much of the set. well 75 fast was a bit tough (taking them really fast). I always like the mix of different things that Laura gives us. but I didn't quite care for beginning with a mix of different drills (they varied by 25, and she went through each), with a cold rain pouring down.

the rain stopped during the day...but then started back up again just as I was leaving work. I can't remember getting this much rain here before. I think they said we've had around 2" since last Thurs, which for here is a big thing.

anyway, I went to the gym after work:
Tmill: 21 min, 273 cal, 2.4 miles, avg 6.8 mph
2 min warmup
Jump to 6.8 mph, increase to 7.6
A min warmdown

Leg rolling: 5 min
Plank w forearms on roller: 2 x 1:00
Push-ups: 3 x 25
Step ups on small stoll: 3 x 10 each leg (forward)

Stretching: spent a good 5 min doing a variety of stretches....from legs sitting on a mat, standing, hips, arms, neck, etc. I don't do enough of this, and the massage gal always scolds me for it.
I thought of doing pullups, but that area was crazy busy. and was going to do a cool-down swim, but got to chatting with a friend for a bit.
the run actually felt decent. had a few good songs that came on and kept me in-step and going.

Submit "Monday 01282012, another soggy swim" to Digg Submit "Monday 01282012, another soggy swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday 01282012, another soggy swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday 01282012, another soggy swim" to Google

Tags: team swim
Categories
Swim Workouts , Running

Comments