2 x 50 feet first scull @ :15 RI
2 x 50 hesitation back drill w/agility paddles @ :15 RI
2 x 50 DPS back w/agility paddles @ 1:00
50 EZ
200 breast w/fins
100 EZ

4 x 100 @ 2:00
-- 25 shooter + 25 back kick + 25 shooter + 25 back kick
-- A noodler asked if I was on some experimental blood treatment that hyper oxygenated my blood and allowed me to stay underwater. I wasn't sure if he was serious or not ...
100 EZ

Total: 3100

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a recovery swim today. I was predictably sore after yesterday's chute-ing. Should have foam rolled last night! Thanks to Frank (fdotten), I bought some small agility paddles. Previously, I had only found the medium size ones. The smaller size will make my shoulders happier and hopefully I can use them with the evilstroke.

Good article on overtraining: http://running.competitor.com/2013/0...self-out_39479

Submit "Wed., Jan. 30" to Digg Submit "Wed., Jan. 30" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Jan. 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Jan. 30" to Google

Updated January 30th, 2013 at 05:08 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Hurray for you! Soon to be User of small agility paddles. I hope they work better as needed.

Generally I would think the average noodler would have low expectations of what a person can do in the water.
    -- A noodler asked if I was on some experimental blood treatment that hyper oxygenated my blood and allowed me to stay underwater. I wasn't sure if he was serious or not ...
    Too Funny!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Too Funny!!
    It was hysterical. I laughed, but he kept pressing about it. Noodlers are so funny sometimes. I actually had one try to correct my backstroke the other day ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Hurray for you! Soon to be User of small agility paddles. I hope they work better as needed.

Generally I would think the average noodler would have low expectations of what a person can do in the water.
    Noodlers tend to think any masters swimmer is an Olympian.

I like my medium size paddles just fine for free and back. But I think the smaller ones will be more useful and perhaps safer for my dodgey shoulder.
    Ha! The noodlers often ask me if I swam in college... the real ex-college swimmers just kick my ***. It's all a matter of perspective!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair
    Ha! The noodlers often ask me if I swam in college... the real ex-college swimmers just kick my ***. It's all a matter of perspective!
    Just nod and take the compliment! Otherwise, you might make them feel worse.