View RSS Feed

David W Cochran

Wed. Jan 30 - Slipping an Evening Swim In

Rate this Entry
Knew storms were predicted this morning. Got up at 5am and it was windy and a little rainy. Heard some thunder, so, eventhough the radar showed most the storm past, I listened to my body and went back to bed. This evening when I got home, the girls were headed to church, so I turned around and went to the pool for an evening swim. When I got there, I learned that the pool had stayed open for about 30 minutes before closing because of thunder. A good decision this morning!

I was very tired this morning and going back to bed helped. My arms still felt tired tonight, but better. This morning when I weighed, I had lost 5.6 pounds in the last two days. Not sure why. I have been eating, but have had a lot of stress in general and a couple of hard workouts. I'm wondering if the weight loss is part of feeling so tired. Hoe I'm not skin and bones tomorrow.

I did want to get one last workout in for January. Even though yesterday and today were shorter workouts I still put in 54.29 miles in 18 workouts (3+ miles a workout). Last year, I did 53.89 miles in 19 workouts. Now a full rest day tomorrow.

3x100 Free on 1:30
1650 (22:53 - that's a 50 secs faster than race pace two years ago and a minute off of last year - with rst and a taper?????)
500 Back w/paddles (7:20)
200 kick
5x100 free on 1:30
5x100 Back w/paddles on 1:30
100 Kick
4x100 IM

4150 yards
77 minutes

Submit "Wed. Jan 30 - Slipping an Evening Swim In" to Digg Submit "Wed. Jan 30 - Slipping an Evening Swim In" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed. Jan 30 - Slipping an Evening Swim In" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed. Jan 30 - Slipping an Evening Swim In" to Google

Updated January 31st, 2013 at 01:05 AM by David W Cochran

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Those are some really productive, high volume practices. That's awesome. I'm at 50 miles for the month, but with more swims and fewer yards per practice.
    I don't know. You are getting some good swims in - plus you are doing dry land exercises. I don't know that I could keep it up with dry lands also. Your time improvements are looking very good.