View RSS Feed

Grandma Got Run Over By A Swim Team

Brrrr! Friday, Feb 1st, 2013

Rate this Entry
by , February 1st, 2013 at 09:31 AM (399 Views)
Cold again this morning! Thirty degrees outside at 5:30am. Water a toasty 83 tho. Determined to try and get caught back up on my GTD, so even though we got in a bit later (lifeguards were removing the tarps) I stayed until I was at 5000.

600 back/free
3 x 200 P w/20sec rest btwn ea
12 x 50 @ 1:00
100 easy
12 x 100 @ 1:40 (easy interval - got ~ 15+ sec rest)
one min rest
100 AFAP
100 easy
600 K (200 w/board, 100 w/out, repeat)
3 x 300 P
300 breast/free thingy
Total: 5000 LCM

So excited - Terry told us it just a high volume day tomorrow, no goal sets!! Tomorrow it's supposed to by 27 in the AM. Yipes! Guess I'd better bring my Parka!
I actually had this weird dream last night about trying to swim with my Parka on & my hand paddles - I remember complaining to the coach that I didn't know what was the matter with me, but I just couldn't get my arms out of the water today. Dreams are so strange, lol!

Submit "Brrrr!  Friday, Feb 1st, 2013" to Digg Submit "Brrrr!  Friday, Feb 1st, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Brrrr!  Friday, Feb 1st, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Brrrr!  Friday, Feb 1st, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your pool is outdoors? We don't have any year-round outdoor pools here, which strikes me as odd. We're at pretty much the same latitude and have about the same population as Tallahassee. Maybe it's because competitive swimming is much bigger in Florida? We also don't have any college swim teams here, though University of West Florida isn't too far away. It looks like they have a nice pool. Anyway, I recently had a dream that all of a sudden I had an obscene amount of money and people were falling all over themselves to suck up to me, but my focus was on building a beautiful aquatic center here. If I really had that much money, though, I'd probably move.
    If I really had that much money, though, I'd probably move.
    If I really had a ton of money I'd quit my job & start swimming at lunch!!

But yes, we only have one INDOOR pool in Tally - we put a bubble over one of the city pools in the winter, for 3 months or so, but all the others, even at the gyms, are outside. The one indoor pool is the FSU Leach Center - and its only for students - non swim-team students. The FSU team trains outside year round at the Morcom center (a very nice Myrtha pool).
    Our temp was -2 this morning... wind chills approaching -25; outdoor pool would be an ice block, so I don't mind being indoors this time of year! Nice yardage btw!