View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thwarted, Feb. 1-2

Rate this Entry
Friday:

Drove to the pool to try to get in an easy swim before prelims of the HS Regional Champs. But I got a call that I had forgotten to leave my dome cap for Teen Fort, so I had to bring it back home. No swim. It was well worth it though as Teen Fort had an awesome meet. She dropped almost 2 more seconds in 100 evil, clocking in at 1:07 to make her State and Sectional cuts. This is a kid who hasn't swum USS in 3 years and only has a few months of masters coaching under her belt. Happily, our master coach, Cheryl Ward, was there watching her own kid, so got to see Teen Fort race. Teen Fort was very touched to get a slew of congratulatory emails from the team. I told her that masters swimmers are the best!

I did get in a massage today. I asked for it not to be too deep, but I feel pretty beat up today.

Saturday:

Drove to SpringHill Rec and it was closed for a swim meet. Grr ... I did not have time to make it to the gym pool. Have to feed Teen Fort and stand in line to get into Regional finals. Oak Marr has a strict capacity limit with a cop there to enforce it. Last year, there were parents would couldn't see their kids swim. Not ideal to be out of the water 2 days before a meet, but it's just a fun meet so no big deal.

Submit "Thwarted, Feb. 1-2" to Digg Submit "Thwarted, Feb. 1-2" to del.icio.us Submit "Thwarted, Feb. 1-2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thwarted, Feb. 1-2" to Google

Updated February 2nd, 2013 at 02:52 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sunday:

Drove to
    There you go again talking about tomorrow in the past tense.
    for Teen Fort!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    There you go again talking about tomorrow in the past tense.
    oops, got my days wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    for Teen Fort!
    thanks!

She surprised almost everyone but herself. Her fave motto is "you gotta believe to achieve."
    Congrats to Teen Fort! You both did great - it can be a challenge to be a swim parent and an active USMS swimmer. The massage was certainly a smart move.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Congrats to Teen Fort! You both did great - it can be a challenge to be a swim parent and an active USMS swimmer. The massage was certainly a smart move.
    Right now I am still feeling beat up by the massage. It may hinder the meet somewhat, but will help going forward.

It is sometimes a challenge. Fortunately, my best stroke is her worst stroke and vise versa. She has really enjoyed training with our masters team in lieu of a USS team.
    A friend of mine from way back when I was in the Army is doing the meet tomorrow there...his first masters meet. He's done some open water swims, but he's a bit worried about his starts. I told him to look for you there
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    A friend of mine from way back when I was in the Army is doing the meet tomorrow there...his first masters meet. He's done some open water swims, but he's a bit worried about his starts. I told him to look for you there
    Whats his name? The Tropical Splash was my second masters meet ever. I lost my goggles in starts twice! It was a disaster and I haven't gone back since. But I figured it be a fine speed workout.
    Updated February 2nd, 2013 at 11:44 PM by The Fortress