View RSS Feed

chaos

Tampa Bay

Rate this Entry
by , April 17th, 2009 at 09:08 AM (661 Views)
getting ready for the TB marathon swim tomorrow. we arrived at the holiday inn yesterday around noon. the race starts here and many of the swimmers are staying here as well, so its a good place to meet up and talk training, strategy, and english channel stuff.

willie and i swam out about a mile, almost to the point where we will be taking a left (heading north) to wisky joe's in the race tomorrow. the water was pretty murky and even when we nearly ran aground (in about 18" of water) on a sand bar, it was difficult to see the bottom. patricia and i still haven't worked out the details of how we are going to divi-up our relay, but there is still about 23 hours to figure it out, and i promised to be flexible during the swim, so stay tuned for he play by play......

i brought with me a globus electro stimulation unit and have so far used it on my lower and upper legs to work off the tightness i've been experiencing lately. i will run through a program on my lower back after a swim today... i think we will head to the gulf side. we saw some dolphins crusing the beach last night during dinner at crabby bill's.

Submit "Tampa Bay" to Digg Submit "Tampa Bay" to del.icio.us Submit "Tampa Bay" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tampa Bay" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow,. Good Luck and have a wonderful swim!
    I can't wait to hear about it!