View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed. Double, Feb. 6

Rate this Entry
by , February 6th, 2013 at 05:25 PM (2407 Views)
Drylands:

RC/scapular ex, 15 min
extreme angle iso squat w/10 lb DB, 5:00
explosive free push press on cable machine, 40 x 3 x 40
leg abductors, 130 x 3 x 6
power wheel roll outs, 3 x 15
flutter kicks on bosu with ankle weights -- wow! adding 10 lbs made this much harder
standing long jumps, 10
resisted track start jumps on cable machine, 50 x 1 x 10
explosive leg press, 195 x 3 x 15
med ball slams, 2 x 10

Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various
4 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
-- 4 dolphin, 4 fast hands
100 EZ

3 x (broken AFAP 100 w/fins + 300 EZ)
-- 10 second break @ each 25
1 = back, 48
2 = free w/sm agility paddles & 100 breathing pattern, 47
3 = evil w/sm agility paddles, 56 flat
-- the paddles make the push offs/streamline slower, but I liked them on evil for power

Total: 2250

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel better today! I didn't have time for my usual 90 minute swim, but still feel like I got some quality work in. I was a bit tired from yesterday's effort, but wanted to get some speed work in because I am having PRP tomorrow on the elbow/shoulder/neck. Actually, not conventional PRP. I am doing a new treament called Plasma Lysing, which is the newest innovation. They take the super-concentrated platelets and, instead of injecting them to the injured sites, they lyse the growth factors out of the platelets and freeze them overnight. The idea is that by only injecting the growth factors (instead of the other stuff in the plasma), they accelerate stem growth more quickly. I went in for the blood draw today. They took 240 ml., so I am planning a recovery workout tomorrow. I'm sure I'll just be kicking on Friday.

Teen Fort asked me for a workout today. I told her to do one my HIT workouts. She said they're too complicated and too hard. hahaha

Submit "Wed. Double, Feb. 6" to Digg Submit "Wed. Double, Feb. 6" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed. Double, Feb. 6" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed. Double, Feb. 6" to Google

Updated February 6th, 2013 at 05:50 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Teen Fort asked me for a workout today. I told her to do one my HIT workouts. She said they're too complicated and too hard. hahaha
    You could direct her to my age group workouts. I do them pretty much as directed by the coach.
    Maybe then she'll like the sprinty tough workouts better!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    You could direct her to my age group workouts. I do them pretty much as directed by the coach.
    Maybe then she'll like the sprinty tough workouts better!
    She's used to doing a lot of kicking with the Mason team, like you do. But she usually clocks in at 4000, not 6000-7000. In her swimming comeback, she's apparently decided she's a sprinter although she used to be quite good at the 200 evil and 200/400 IM. Maybe I'm a bad influence that way. :-)

It was music to my ears when she FINALLY announced the other day that she would work on her SDKs for fly. She has my exact body type; the odds are she'd be good at the SDK too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    She's used to doing a lot of kicking with the Mason team, like you do. But she usually clocks in at 4000, not 6000-7000. In her swimming comeback, she's apparently decided she's a sprinter although she used to be quite good at the 200 evil and 200/400 IM. Maybe I'm a bad influence that way. :-)

It was music to my ears when she FINALLY announced the other day that she would work on her SDKs for fly. She has my exact body type; the odds are she'd be good at the SDK too.
    That's great! I'm sure one day I'll take a dip into the shorter distances, but until then, the long boring back and forth continues... (but it's not really boring).
    You're just a big kid and like training with the real kids! :-)