View RSS Feed

joel schmaltz

Day two is in the past

Rate this Entry
I had a decent meet today.
First up the 500. Self inflicted pressure on this one. I was 6:11.38 in Greensboro last year.
31.94
34.94 1:06.88
36.15
37.05 1:13.20
37.39
37.58 1:14.97
38.12
38.30 1:16.42
38.72
37.06 1:15.78 6:07.25
Absolutely thrilled with this. As you can see my pacing is not very good. This is the fastest I have been since 2010.

Next was the 200 back. I really wanted this one. Entered with 2:38.96 from last year.
37.26
39.83 1:17.09
40.04
39.57 1:19.61 2:36.70
Again I think this is the fastest I have been since 2010. I think I was a little too relaxed on this race and probably could have pushed this a bit more.

50 free. I never swim this except for relays. I never heard the "take your mark" command. EVERYONE was gone before I realized what was going on. Ended up with a 29.17. No further comments except two others had the same issue in other events.

Mens medley relay, went backstroke. Not my best event.
Previous best 50 bk is 36.22.
Went 33.75 NICE!

Mixed medley relay, went backstroke two heats later.
Went 34.04 The 33.75 wasn't a fluke.

50 back went another 34.04

200 IM. Was 2:34.66 in Greensboro last year.
34.76
40.07
46.58 Piano always falls here
35.87 2:37.28

Was too relaxed and went out way too slow and never got going. It was race number seven of the day but I am better than this. No complaints and I am glad the day is over. I am happy with my swims and my crazy 50 gave us something to talk about.

Submit "Day two is in the past" to Digg Submit "Day two is in the past" to del.icio.us Submit "Day two is in the past" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day two is in the past" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Congratulations. Other than the first 100 on your 500 you are pretty consistent with a strong finish. Your other swims are great and I suspect you must have been exhausted by the time you swum the 200 IM. Great meet.
  2. joel schmaltz's Avatar
    Thanks Stewart! I really need to work on that pacing and I was exhausted when the 2IM came around. I'll take it.
  3. Sojerz's Avatar
    Nice meet Joel and some good drops from seed times. In the 500 you only dropped off 5-6 sec per 50, which seems reasonably good pacing to me.
  4. __steve__'s Avatar
    Good swimming Joel, and you've done lots of it!

    To anticipate "On Your Marks" but get a "BEEEP" instead thing makes catch-up sprinting really fast, despite the time. I think I was the first one to get caught daydreaming on the block for the "threes" luck (sorry)

    Anyways, enjoyed meeting most of the team, I had a blast.
  5. rxleakem's Avatar
    Nice swims, especially the 200 back!
  6. joel schmaltz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Nice meet Joel and some good drops from seed times. In the 500 you only dropped off 5-6 sec per 50, which seems reasonably good pacing to me.
    Thank you! My pacing has come a LONG ways. Baby steps.
  7. joel schmaltz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Good swimming Joel, and you've done lots of it!

    To anticipate "On Your Marks" but get a "BEEEP" instead thing makes catch-up sprinting really fast, despite the time. I think I was the first one to get caught daydreaming on the block for the "threes" luck (sorry)

    Anyways, enjoyed meeting most of the team, I had a blast.
    Thanks Steve! You had nice swims as well. I think I'll leave that 50 to those of you that are good at it.
    Rest up and safe travels back in town tomorrow. You have more sprinting to do.
  8. joel schmaltz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Nice swims, especially the 200 back!
    Thanks! I love that event. I thought I had a little faster time in me but am happy.
  9. knelson's Avatar
    Nice 500! Yeah, maybe the splitting wasn't perfect, but it least you went out after it. You were able to still bring it home, so I think you probably could have pushed it a little harder in the middle. Next time, right? I don't think a sub 6:00 is too much of a stretch!
  10. joel schmaltz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Nice 500! Yeah, maybe the splitting wasn't perfect, but it least you went out after it. You were able to still bring it home, so I think you probably could have pushed it a little harder in the middle. Next time, right? I don't think a sub 6:00 is too much of a stretch!
    Thanks Kirk! Sub 6 would be nice and is not out of reach. Gives me something to shoot for.