View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat., Feb. 8

Rate this Entry
by , February 9th, 2013 at 04:51 PM (1855 Views)
Drylands:

RC/scapular ex, 20 min
extreme angle iso squat w/15 lb kettleball, 5:00
low row negatives, 80 x 3 x 8
power squats, 180 x 3 x 8
leg abductor, 130 x 3 x 6
total ab machine, 120 x 3 x 15
explosive glute isolator machine, 40 x 1 x 8 each leg (forgot to do other sets)
bicep curl, 50 x 2 x 8
flutter kicks on bosu w/ankle weights, 100
captains chair leg raises w/ankle weights, 2 x 15
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 15
standing long jumps, 10
knee tuck jumps w/ankle weights, 2 x 10
long arm crunches, 50

Foam rolling/stretching, 20 min

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm very excited about my SCM rankings: http://www.usms.org/comp/tt/toptenlist.php. I got in all 9 sprint events for the first time ever! I hope to replicate that in yards this year; we'll see if I fit everything in.

I was looking ahead at events at Nats. Three of the events I wanted to swim are on day three. That won't work for me. So it looks like I'll be swimming the 50 breast on Friday. Sunday is 100 back/50 free/100 fly. Should I swim 50 free or 100 fly? I'm leaning toward 50 free, which means I'd have to swim 100 fly at Zones untapered. At least I won't be fighting the triathletes for that event.

Teen Fort is off to watch Ledecky and Congor at Metro Champs. Wish I could watch, but Lil Fort has a soccer game.

Submit "Sat., Feb. 8" to Digg Submit "Sat., Feb. 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat., Feb. 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat., Feb. 8" to Google

Updated February 9th, 2013 at 07:29 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Good job on the sprint top ten sweep! I made three of the nine, with two in the teens, two that weren't even close, and two uncontested.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Good job on the sprint top ten sweep! I made three of the nine, with two in the teens, two that weren't even close, and two uncontested.
    Thanks.

Did I see you grabbed 10 TTs? And #2 in the 1500. Great SCM season for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Thanks.

Did I see you grabbed 10 TTs? And #2 in the 1500. Great SCM season for you.
    THat was a nice 1500 he did...and may I say I did set a nice pace for him till the 800 point when I shut down my race last year. I remember being a headcase that day since I was nearly crushed in a machine at work, and wasn't sure about my future job status at the time...though everything worked out ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    THat was a nice 1500 he did...and may I say I did set a nice pace for him till the 800 point when I shut down my race last year. I remember being a headcase that day since I was nearly crushed in a machine at work, and wasn't sure about my future job status at the time...though everything worked out ok.
    Thanks guys. Yes, that 1500 worked out ok. Two top tens in one race for two of us. (At least two of us. Not sure about the others in that heat, like Alpha Centauri who did backstroke.)
    She TT'd as well, but her 18-24 age group can be scarce at times. But she did #1 in the 200 back!
    Thanks guys. Yes, that 1500 worked out ok. Two top tens in one race for two of us. (At least two of us. Not sure about the others in that heat, like Alpha Centauri who did backstroke.)
    I have a feeling our recent SCY battle will rank pretty well also this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I have a feeling our recent SCY battle will rank pretty well also this year.
    Yeah, last year I was #5 with 18:11, so 18:03 & 18:04 will be in the mix somewhere. My 1000 split has a slim chance too.
    Y18:03 & 18:04
    That was a cool race to read about! Hope you are both ranked well next year.