View RSS Feed

joel schmaltz

Day three is in the books

Rate this Entry
Was a bit tight this morning but it all seemed to work itself out during warm up. I had another good day of swimming for me.

First up, 4IM. Had a lot butterflies in my stomach before this and decided to take the fly out easy and see what I would feel like afterwards. My fly sucks but I like this event. This is about the 5Th or 6TH time I have tried the 4IM
Greensboro Today
33.34 34.95
42.19 43.08 OUCH!!
41.76 42.51
41.85 43.63
48.02 47.01
49.08 48.62
39.96 37.45
39.83 37.21
5:36.13 5:34.46
Happy with the time drop but not thrilled with the fl and bk splits. Lots of work to do here and if I get my fly technique down I have the potntial to drop some more time.

50 breast
previous best 36.63
went 35.86
I have broken 35 on a relay before and hoped for a little more but this is fine.

200 free. I entered this just to see what I could do.
previous best 2:20.43
today
35.37 1:07.39
34.86 1:10.68 2:18.07

I am happy with these splits and probably could have pushed the whole race a little more. Lack of experience.

200 breast. Filler event and I think it might help out with my IM's.
previous best 2:57.69
today
45.61 1:25.79
45.40 1:31.37 2:57.16
I just tried to stay long and work the turns a little. Defintely not my race but again I am happy with the splits.

Today I was laid back after the 4IM was over. My better events were yesterday so there was little self inflicted pressure today. Back to lab tomorrow in the pool and next stop will probably be Sarasota unless I can find another meet that doesn't interfere with dance and gymnastics.

Submit "Day three is in the books" to Digg Submit "Day three is in the books" to del.icio.us Submit "Day three is in the books" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day three is in the books" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like how your recent 400 IM compares to the Greensboro one..at least the back half was much better. That shows that you're in shape and still have it at the end. Nice job over the weekend!
    Thanks James! Definitely not a 4IMer but I like it and have room to improve.
    I didn't get to see the 4IM, was still driving up, but hats off to improving your time in it, let alone conquering such a feat!

Here's the 200
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKdFAeRDq-w
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    I didn't get to see the 4IM, was still driving up, but hats off to improving your time in it, let alone conquering such a feat!

Here's the 200
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKdFAeRDq-w
    Thanks for posting this. Wow, I knew my head is always too high but never knew it was that high. If I get that fixed and KICK I might drop a little more. I will pass it along to the others. Get some rest!
    Nice job coming from behind to win the heat!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Nice job coming from behind to win the heat!
    Thanks Kirk. Now that I have seen a video and some photos of my swimming I realize I have much more technical work to do than I thought.