View RSS Feed

Mixing it up this year

Great Meet this weekend

Rate this Entry
by , February 11th, 2013 at 07:43 AM (452 Views)
I have to say dispite the shoulder issues and all this weekend I had what I would classify as a good meet for once.

The first event on Friday night was the 1650 and I managed a 22:38.61 which is good for me at this age and time and since I aged up this year to 50 I guess this is my best for this time around.

Saturday was not as good, still too sore from the 1650 to get a good 500 in but it was ok at 6:39.20 not a best for this season, it was off by 13 seconds. I am ok with this. 200 back felt good but the time was just a middle of the road time for me. in 2:55.13 then I had two sprints the 50 Fly and 50 Back, neither were impressive.

The afternoon we spent in a stroke clinic with Rowdy Gaines and now I know what I need to work on with my right arm.

Sunday was much better for me 400 IM was great with a 6:11.57 and my splits were good. It felt good and loose and relaxed and fast! 50 Breast was a filler for me and it was ok. The 100 IM went well even though I felt as though my fly was alittle off rhythm wise but I nailed my back to breast turn! and went a 1:20.28.

Next up was probably my favorite swim I AM NOT WEIRD HERE it was the 200 Fly and I was the slowest one seed in the top heat and got 3rd out of 5. Went a 3:15.68 a time I have held for the last several years. I felt I paced it differently, I actually went out slower than normal. It is unheard of for me to come back in under 50 but I came back in 49.37. The whole swim felt relaxed and smooth. I want to do it again! I would have prefered to do that to the 200 Breast I did next. The breast was my warm down and it was a washout.

North Myrtle Beach always puts on a great swim meet so this is the meet to come to.

Submit "Great Meet this weekend" to Digg Submit "Great Meet this weekend" to del.icio.us Submit "Great Meet this weekend" to StumbleUpon Submit "Great Meet this weekend" to Google

Comments

Good job! That's cool that you got some advice from Rowdy.
    He did a great clinic for us. About 25 masters attended the clinic