View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 19 - Monday AM

Rate this Entry
I felt stiff and sluggish when I got in and did not get any better today. This was another jump in yardage.

Warm up
400 with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
4x200 kick with fins on 2.30

Main Set
4x(300 on 3.30, 100 on 1.05 AFAP)
100 easy
1650 with snorkel 90% effort
100 easy
4x(4x50 on 35, 4x25 no breather on 40)

Warm down
100 easy

Total 6250

I felt really sluggish on the main 300s but was able to get under the minute on the fast 100's, holding 58 and 59s. The 1650 I held 1.10 pace. The 4x50's were tough but held all of them between 30-32. I typically have bee doing 1 hour and 15 minute workouts but stiuck around for an extra 15 minutes to complete this one. This felt like a lot of yardage in 1.5 hours. I am not looking forward to tonights practice, but hopefully will feel better.

Submit "Week 19 - Monday AM" to Digg Submit "Week 19 - Monday AM" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 19 - Monday AM" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 19 - Monday AM" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

4x(300 on 3.30, 100 on 1.05 AFAP)

Heck of a set! To make this is great, to hold the 100s under 1:00 is incredible!

I noticed you mentioned you swam at Iowa. Did you swim with Knut Landboe at all? I used to swim with him occasionally. Nowadays I've been swimming with his son. I also grew up swimming with Mark and Dave Kohmetscher if you know them.
    Updated February 11th, 2013 at 06:38 PM by knelson
    Kirk, thanks. I was happy I hung in there but this one felt awful.

I certainly knew Knute Arne landboe. Knut or the muscoxon as he was called by one of our coaches(coach Draper) on a training camp was a junior when I was a freshman. Knut was a great help my freshman year and I really enjoyed training with him. My freshman year I was recruited to swim backstroke and swum in the stroke group where I swum with Knut, but second semester moved in with the distance guys. If you see Knut please relay my best wishes.

I knew both Mark and Dave. Mark was a Junior and Dave was a senior my freshman year. Both were incredible swimmers. I am assuming you are originally from Michigan. I remember the Kohmetscher's saving aluminum cans all semester and filling a car on the drive home for Christmas break so they could get the 10cent deposit on cans that they bought in Iowa with a 5 cent deposit. I can honestly say I had a great college swimming experience and have fond memories.

Are you going to Nationals this year? It would be great to put a name with a face. All the best.
    Yes, I'm originally from Michigan. That can story is great. That's Michigan all the way! I swam at Michigan State. Not particularly well, but I swam.

I'll definitely tell Knut you said hi. I see him a couple times a week after practice.

At the moment I'm still undecided on Nationals. Are you going for sure?
    I am definitely going to Nationals and have my flight and hotel booked, but I have not registered yet. I want to swim all the free races(1000 and down) and maybe the 100 back on Sunday. I hope to see you there, but if not I suspect our paths will cross and it would be great to say hi in person.