View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Double by necessity...

Rate this Entry
by , February 12th, 2013 at 11:21 AM (265 Views)
Yesterday I had to do a double by necessity... didn't have enough time at either end of the day to do the full workout, so I split it in two... short swim in the AM on the way in to work and 30 mins of conditioning in the weight room from followed by kick sets in the pool on the way back.

AM:

400 on 7:30 (6:55)
4 x 100 on 1:50 (1:34-1:32)
4 x 50 on 2:00 (:40, 39, 39, 40)
1:00 rest
400 IM, EZ, focus on technique; 7:45
2 x 50 EZ fr, bk cool-down

8:30-9:00 PM (took it all the way to closing time again!):
100 fr
100 dolphins w/ fins
200 back dolphins w/ fins
400 breast kick drills
200 fly kicking w/ fins
200 back dolphins w/ fins
200 EZ free/fly

2900 SCY/60 mins.

It was supposed to be something of a recovery day (or reverse taper) after yesterday's meet. My kicks are terrible and I really need to work on them. My big problem is the dominant (left) leg doesn't want to slow down or back off... I joked with the lifeguard it was probably all those right-handed lay-ups I did back in high school; maybe as a result the left leg can be explosive, but the right one is like "what's the big deal? chill!" As a result when I do breaststroke kick work the difference is pulling me off to one side of the lane when I'm using the board or just kicking in streamline. Don't really know what to do about that except maybe do a bunch of right-leg only squats, presses until it evens out. Does anyone else have this issue?

Submit "Double by necessity..." to Digg Submit "Double by necessity..." to del.icio.us Submit "Double by necessity..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Double by necessity..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments